She seemed into me then all of a sudden didn't

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

confused47
    Participant
    September 21, 2015 at 7:23 pm #85663

Long story short I met some girl at a concert. Im just recently out of college, shes a sophmore, and lives like 2 hours away.

She stayed at my house the night I met her. She was all cuddly with me, holding my hands, and other shit like that.

It seemed like we really hit it off well and had a lot in common. When I took her to her friends in the morning she kissed me goodbye and we both expressed how we wanted to see each other again.

She texted me like an hour after dropping her off, seemed really flirt, talked about how much fun the night before was. The day after she texted me first again. Out of nowhere she just quit responding in the middle of just casual conversation last night. I decided to text her again today to see how her day was going, got a response, I responded and again just never heard back from her… I can’t seem to figure out what happened and im so confused because I really felt a connection with this girl.

matt67
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 8:10 pm #85751

Sounds like she might be the type that gets cuddly really fast with boys. Lots of girls are like this, and if she got cuddly really fast with you then she probably has with many others. My best guess is that she met someone else that she is more interested in, and doesn’t want to hurt your feelings by telling you. If I were you, I would continue to message her and be persistent just in case something else is going on and she still has interest in you, but without saying it just expect in your mind that she moved on to the next guy. Remember to wait a few days between attempts, and if you get no response wait even longer before the next attempt.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  matt67.

confused47
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 8:21 pm #85755

I would have to agree with you, but lets follow the timeline.

I met her Friday night. Dropped her off Saturday morning, was texted within 45 minutes. Lots of emojies, we talked all day. I was purposely spreading my responses to like 45mins – 1.5 hours. I left off with the last text on saturday night.

She texted me Sunday morning. Again we talked all day for the most part, and then randomly in mid conversation she quit responding. Like she quit responding to a basic question.

I decided to text her yesterday mid day just to show that I am indeed interested. She replied, I replied, then she didn’t respond. I get a text at 1150pm yesterday saying “im baked right now”. So curerntly im the one who hasnt responded… This damn texting game lol

Now its tuesday and I still haven’t responded. I was thinking of waiting til like thursday and just flat out tell her I want to see her again. Because honestly I don’t want to shit and text this girl back and forth. Idk what else to talk about.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  confused47.

Dro543
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 11:50 pm #85768

Yeah, I’ve been there several times. All the emojis and hand holding and everything, only to go cold later. It can be tricky. Some girls tend to be rather fickle, and psychologically people tend to get stimulated more by whatever happened to them most recently; whatever or whoever is fresh in their minds. Hard to really tell without knowing more. I guess things can also happen that distract them from texting back.

But now that you are texting again… Hmm.. how are you interpreting the “im baked right now” text? That she was using that as a reason for not getting back to you, or just as something to tell you to initiate contact again? Back in undergrad, I would generally avoid texting people I didn’t know well when in that state of mind lol.

I do the delayed response thing as well sometimes but I think some girls just read that differently than others, and that works better with some.

matt67
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 8:07 am #85762

Stoners are notorious phone flakes. It could just be that. But, she could have very well been getting baked with someone else too. I don’t think it would hurt to straight up ask her out. It would work out better if she would respond and you could talk to her about her schedule and figure out some logistics for a good date before asking her, but I would say just go for it and ask her if she is free in a couple of days.

matt67
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 10:46 am #85808

The delayed response can backfire with some girls if you wait longer than a few hours if they are needy. You don’t want to respond within seconds with any girl because it comes off as needy. Waiting long periods of time like a few days will cause needy girls to give up on you. Confident girls that get lots of attention may find it intriguing that you seem aloof enough to go several days without talking to her. I’ve found its good to show interest with these types, which throws them as to why you aren’t acting like most interested guys and desperately blowing up their phone. As you progress into a relationship these games should stop or occur much more rarely in frequency

confused47
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 11:01 am #85812

Thanks for the replies everyone. Its nice to get an unbiased opinion. my judgement is clouded.

Dro543, i think her “im baked” text was just a way to respond to me. Again we really have ran out of shit to talk about.

Personally, I don’t want a needy girl anyway, so if by a few days of no contact is a deal breaker, then well **** em’. I should probably also mention my “girlfriend” and I were on a “break” that she initiated during this time. Ever since this first girl came over (which I told her about), shes all apologetic and a lot of things shes been annoying me with she open acknowledged and said shes going to work on it, as I did the same. Regardless of what happens, I’d say some good came out of it. Were still on this break though.

I still feel like I want to see this girl 2 hours away. Im just going to flat out tell her on like thursday or fri, that I really felt a connection with her and I want to see her again. Leaving it open ended.

okcupid0627
    Participant
    September 23, 2015 at 7:31 pm #85841

I have to agree with people here. She may be going through some stuff. If you can and have a common friends just ask her to join. And try to just observe her behavior. Try to be chill and happy around her and talk to talk to her like 30-40% of the time only. And towards the end ask her for a coffee date she how she responds. If she makes an excuse of gives you a cold shoulder. Move on ! She is not worth you affection.

confused47
    Participant
    September 24, 2015 at 12:37 pm #85867

We don’t have mutual friends. She lives 2 hours away and isn’t even from this state.

As I keep thinking about it I keep thinking I shouldn’t even text her, cuz ya it hurts a little to just let something go like that, but it seems like she’s unreachable regardless of her interest. Basically why tease with each other’s head for no purpose.

whb1919
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 3:16 pm #85960
    Reply To: She seemed into me then all of a sudden didn't

I think the maturity level is very different between you two. I’d find someone who doesn’t play those obvious games

smt_karl_84
    Participant
    September 26, 2015 at 5:12 pm #85982

Well, it’s literally 1 day. People sometimes are busy. Something might have come up at home, at her faculty, with some of her friends, or she might have gotten sick and not in the mood to answer… well a thousand things. Just lower the level down a bit, you are just starting.

icanpotato
    icanpotato
    Participant
    September 27, 2015 at 7:31 am #86002

It doesn’t seem like there was really enough time to kindle anything. Unfortunately it kind of comes off that you were just a fling of sorts. Keep your head up but don’t expect too much from her. She seems quick to be cuddly. If she were interested, she’d make time for you.