She went cold after the best first date, what do I do?! HELP!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• andrewimecs
    Participant
    April 15, 2017 at 5:14 pm #133370

Okay, to start this off so we can get a little bit of some background information on this story. I met this girl at a bar and we ended up going on a date 3 days later. She initiated the conversation and I asked her out on the date 3 days after the bar meet up. We went out on Tuesday and I asked her out Monday.

The date could not have gone any better. So much flirting and a ton of excellent interaction. I eventually walked her home and we both looked at each other and kissed. She told me to keep next Monday open and pencil it in on your calendar so basically the second date.It was beautiful and I felt amazing. I messaged her that night saying thank you for the good time.

She messaged the next day, so Wednesday and called me the most genuine person she has ever met. The conversation was light and friendly all day on Wednesday. Then Thursday came along and the conversation was light but she stopped texting me after 1 p.m. Thursday.

andrewimecs
    Participant
    April 15, 2017 at 5:14 pm #133371

I messaged her again at around 7 ish checking if she was okay and stuff. She still did not respond so I waited 24 hours and messaged her giving her a light cheesy line basically showing that I was not mad.

Here is what I sent “Hey there! Haven’t heard from you in a while, get kidnapped by E.T. and his pals or something? =)”. She then responded an hour later saying ” Hey! Sorry, no not kidnapped by E.T., To be honest, all the texting is a little much for me. It’s all kind of too much too early if you know what I mean”. At this point, I was like shit everyone warned me to take it easy with texting but at least she responded.

I responded saying basically no worries and I am glad she let me know have an excellent weekend. What do I do from here? We agreed on that second date after the first one and I just want to make sure it is still on and keep her attraction with me. How should I bring up the second date which will be in two days from now?

Kosm
    Participant
    April 15, 2017 at 10:33 pm #133376

How much did you text her on between? You mentioned it was a few times, but did you text her more often than that? It sounds like you’re trying to hard and giving her an anxious vibe. It sounds like she is feeling overwhelmed and I honestly would not text again any time soon. After a first date, texting should be sporadic and minimal. If not, one person may begin to feel obligated to respond, especially if you are checking to see if she was ok simply because she didn’t respond to you after 1pm. You don’t want a situation where you’re in an all day text conversation. I would back off completely. Maybe wait a month and send a short, light “how are you doing ” message

JOe Joe
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 9:48 am #133378

That is strange, but I don’t thing it’s a big thing to worry.

andrewimecs
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 7:28 am #133372

What should I do and say to keep the attraction and how should I bring up the date. I need some help!!!!

andrewimecs
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 7:28 am #133373

I need some guidance on what to say to her and what I should do from here to keep attraction with her.