She's distracted by her phone…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SocialKnucklehead
    Participant
    February 23, 2014 at 7:08 pm #48244

We are not dating, I am trying to build interest. It’s there, but it’s not strong. Sometimes, while I’m talking to her, she is easily distracted by her phone and uses it as an escape to socialize. But, then she wants me to stick around and talk to her.
    Sometimes, when she does this, she will use it as an opportunity to show me something and make some great laughs.
    I want to make myself more interesting than her phone.
    The questions are these:, should I immediately go to another chick and show attention the moment she picks up the phone?
    Sometimes, there are no other chicks around, what do I do then?
    And if she brings it up, how would I address it without sounding like a little faggot who is jealous of a piece of technology?

SundayMorning
    Participant
    February 24, 2014 at 5:43 pm #48342

While she is being disrespectful towards you, don’t disrespect her and gain the attention of another while you are with her. Have a talk with her that describes how you feel when she pulls out her phone so much. Something like “when you bring out your phone so much I feel as though you are not enjoying my company. I have set apart this time to spend with you, but you are spending time with your phone instead. I feel like you don’t want me here” or something like that. If she is childish about it, I wouldn’t try to build something anyway, as I see you don’t like it very much anyway. Good luck!

Anonymous
    February 26, 2014 at 1:08 am #48441

Slowly be interesting.
    Now you’re slowly losing her as if she’s getting bored of you.

Corvidae21
    Corvidae21
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 9:55 am #48453

How about just joking with her by saying “I’m sorry, am I boring you?” but not in a nasty way. Some people genuinely are addicted to their phones and maybe don’t even realise how it looks.

SocialKnucklehead
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:07 pm #48462

How about just joking with her by saying “I’m sorry, am I boring you?” but not in a nasty way. Some people genuinely are addicted to their phones and maybe don’t even realise how it looks.

You are correct. She is addicted. An I like this answer, but I don’t know how to deliver that question without inadvertently sounding like the asshole she and I both know I can be.

SocialKnucklehead
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:07 pm #48463

I agree withy this line, but I wouldn’t know how to deliver it without sounding like the asshole she and I both know I can be.

And she is certainly addicted.