She's my best friend.

She's my best friend.

• sebastianhighlander
    September 21, 2016 at 2:54 am #112047
    She's my best friend.

I am a male, and throughout high school I was best friends with a girl. We recently moved to the same college, and see each other often. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been developing a really strong crush on her. Recently, I got a little too buzzed at a party, and I ended up crashing in her bed for the night. We ended up spooning, cuddling, holding hands, and kisses on the cheek even though she was sober and I had sobered up. She later told me that she didn’t think it was anything to worry about since I’m her “best friend.”

Should I tell her how I feel? That night felt like we were more than friends, but I don’t know if she has regrets about it even though obviously cuddling isn’t that big of a deal. She means a lot to me and I don’t want to mess up a potential relationship, and especially not our existing friendship. I just don’t know how to go from here.

September 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm #112205

I’m not sure how your friendship has been in the past, but to me, “I didn’t think anything about it” seems like a lie to me. Was she also buzzed? Maybe she liked you with liquid courage? It’s possible that she was just putting up with you when you were drunk to be nice. I’m not sure.

I do think you should be honest, though. She might have said that simply because she thought you weren’t into it anymore once you sobered up.

September 22, 2016 at 6:05 pm #112242

Was she smiling a fake smile, or a legitimate happy smile? What did her eyes look like?
    My guess is that she likes you but is to shy to tell you.
    Tell her how you really feel about her.

September 22, 2016 at 7:39 pm #112247

Sounds interesting, try to do it again and next time tell her how you feel and if she is feeling the same. Do you want to be friends or more- a lot of the answer is up to you!

September 28, 2016 at 10:45 pm #112804

I’d tell her. She’s not kissing and cuddling without some kind of the same feelings.