Shes so hot, but kinda cold

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LiveNLearn419
    Participant
    March 31, 2013 at 10:43 pm #27354

Ok so seriously beautiful girl messaged me online about 2 weeks ago, first one ever that I have any serious interest in (I’ve only been trying online dating for a month or so now). We hit it off well online, then I exchanged cell numbers with her and its all been through text. She established first contact, and she has been messaging me first most days, but it starts to get weird… she just (mid-conversation) stops texting me completely until the following day, where she then says “hey good morning” like nothing happened. I usually will text only one time after she cuts off the convo, because i don’t wanna be that clingy guy. We then scheduled a date, but she had to cancel for seriously legit reasons that I will excuse( we are now friends on Facebook and there was a serious amount of evidence to back up the story.) But now we are going on almost 2 weeks of just texting, and one thing I feel about women, is that if you allow it to get too cold it just fizzles out right before your eyes. At this point I don’t know weather texting her more will start to seem clingy, or if I keep my distance it will just fade away. She texted me Happy Easter this morning, but it may have actually been a mass text, and shes prob with the fam all day. Do I text her tonight? or Let it go for a day or 2? Either way I’m asking her out sometime this week for Saturday, and if that doesn’t happen its not looking good in my opinion. Should I text first or not? Since she initiated the whole thing in the first place, am I in the clear? All advice that you guys are willing to offer would be greatly appreciated!!

YvonneG
    YvonneG
    Participant
    April 2, 2013 at 10:59 am #27545

You really need to set up a date and see her in person. You’re going to get in the friend zone sooner than you think if you don’t set something up. Don’t worry about being some clingy guy, you’re clearly too far away to even know if she’s into you. It’s ok to make mistakes, girls make them too. Try to get her interested/hyped in seeing you and invite her to go somewhere fun and less formal. If it means bringing along another friend or two then keep it casual and enjoy it! You’ll only get direct answers if you actually get to spend time with her. Hopefully by now you know a few interests of hers, try to incorporate it in the date you set up…I personally think she’s leaving the ball in your court so you do some more of the “chasing”

PeytonMan
    PeytonMan
    Participant
    April 30, 2013 at 6:31 pm #30114

I think it’s safe to say with texting nobody knows if one or the other is being clingy until they deliberately ignore and break things off. In most cases even if someone sends the other person a text about plans and then sends another one after a considerable amount of time, it wouldn’t be a clingy thing until it’s just a dreaded amount of time csince you’ve heard from them, even then you haven’t heard from them so something outside of the picture could have happened and you wouldn’t have known anyway…

underthesea
    underthesea
    Participant
    May 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm #30590

Yup, you can’t go 2-3 weeks without meeting someone in person and think it WON’T fizzle. get to know her in person, not over texts. She probably lost interest a couple times since you didn’t show you wanted to meet in person early on. Oh well though, did you ask her out?