Shou

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Shou

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Xeelvie
    Xeelvie
    Participant
    August 7, 2015 at 3:42 pm #83712
    Shou

Hi there!

I recently met this guy online. We don’t live that close so he rode a few miles to meet me. Well, he said he liked me and wanted to keep in contact with me. He actually texts me on a daily basis, but he would hardly ever call or skype with me as he says he’s busy. Well, he does have a daughter who’s about 10 years old. He’s divorced and has shared custody with his ex-wife.

When he calls, it’s at his convenience and it’s mostly a short call mostly while he drives. Once he gets to the place, he hangs up. He says he wants to make time in his life for me but I think it’s a bit far from that. I have the feeling that when he calls me, it’s like a duty or some kind of threat to keep me interested. From what he says, he’s looking forward to have a true relationship, talks about commitment, makes future plans, etc… I dunno why guys would lie just to keep a girl interested when they’re not interested enough in them. That’s what I can sense.

So why do guys do that?

vrj
    Participant
    August 7, 2015 at 11:59 pm #83729

well you get the picture that guy is already divorce so why take changes with him? why not try to find a guy who is worth dying for and that who truly loves you and hey your the 1st wedded woman? because i think every woman wants that…. take care and god bless

MyOpinion
    Participant
    August 9, 2015 at 10:34 am #83765

I have to ask the question……..Did you actually meet face to face? You said you “recently met this guy online.” But the way you talk about him it seems as if it’s just texting and you never actually met. Either way, my advice is to be up front with him. and if he’s not willing to give you what you want, then dump him. There are tons of singles online.

Xeelvie
    Xeelvie
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 8:21 am #83775

Hi MyOpinion,

We actually met in person and we spent a couple of days together. We have seen each other via web, but it’s on rare occasions while he drives. He doesn’t seem comfortable about doing that and I never noticed much excitement. He seems to be Always busy for me as he says he is with his daughter. He says he’s a “whole lot into me” but so far it’s only when he texts me.