Should age matter?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should age matter?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Richardinlove22
    Participant
    February 15, 2017 at 5:13 pm #127138
    Should age matter?

My GF is 20 years older than me. Would you keep it up?

I’m 21 she’s 41. I love this women, she loves me to. But sometimes I wonder if I’m ahead of myself. Never have I been into someone my age like this. She also has 3 kids. 2 are older than me. Only concern here is age but I really like her

At first I turned it down but I couldn’t stop thinking about her. Now we are together

Taz218
    Participant
    March 25, 2017 at 12:10 pm #131172

Hello RichardInLove how long has this relationship been going on for now ? last year on my birthday (I turned 19) I got into a relationship with somebody 21 years older than me (she’s 40 for the people who can’t count) we have our ups and downs things can get real bad depending on how you look in the situation. Has she caught you in a lie ? do you feel like she’s talking to you like she’s your mom at times? how does her kids look at you do they see you as a friend/father/brother or just the person dating/screwing their mom? do you wonder why she stays with you? do you question if its ok? does she question if its ok? theirs a lot but me personally i dont see anything wrong with it girls my age are dating 35-50 y/o’s and nobody looks at them differently because it is common and more seen so why does it look bad when we do it ? and age isn’t anything but wisdom or trickery is she helping you achieve goals vise versa or is she using you and vise versa really think about it.

luisaluisa
    Participant
    March 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm #131174

If you love each other, just go with it. Age doesnt matter

FavDoc
    Participant
    March 26, 2017 at 7:28 am #131181

I believe age doesn’t matter … at first. But at some point, these differences surface and then I don’t know….

Dragonroll
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 8:54 am #131684

Go for it.
    There’s going to be ups and downs to all relationships. Women do often mature faster than men, and you’re probably going to feel the difference but I don’t think any two people are on the same level. One is always messier/cleaner… one is smarter/dumber… one is more sexually experienced than the other… one is going to be more mature… one may spend all their money and the other is a penny pincher. The only difference is that this one is physically obvious to outsiders and they’re going to probably look at you funny and make a big deal out of it. We have a family friend who is a white woman who married a black woman about 20 years ago in texas and people looked at them funny. Neither of them regret it.
    Just know that given her age you won’t be having any kids so either you will need to be okay with that or this will be temporary relationship.

Kirb86
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 9:40 pm #131790

There’s no reason to let age get in the way, unless you are talking about age of consent… then it matters

confusedgirl75
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 10:58 pm #131794

absolutely not it doesnt matter at all