Should I add him on facebook?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

maddiewilson
    Participant
    June 16, 2014 at 12:42 am #55390

So about 7 or 8 weeks ago, I started talking to this guy at my University’s gym. I would see him about twice a week, and we would talk a lot, but he’s really shy so he didn’t ask me for my number.He definitely seems like he likes me, he gives off all the obvious signs and remembers everything I tell him, looks over at me a lot, smiles, laughs at all my jokes, etc. I was going to try and make a move and ask him for his last week, but he never showed up to the gym because it was finals week. I’m not going to be able to see him for another 3 months, and I feel like thats a long time without any communication. I found his last name by looking up his information on the school website, then found him on facebook. Should I add him, or would that be weird? Would he be creeped out that I found him because he never gave me his last name?

loveanonymousstyle
    loveanonymousstyle
    Participant
    June 16, 2014 at 2:39 pm #55397

No risk no reward. Being that you will not see him for three months it is pretty likely that this is your only inroad. Do you have any common friends on FB? If not look through his and see if there is someone you can add first…that way it will appear you noticed him by coincidence 😉 Alls fair in the pursuit of love.

Good Luck!

candycane22
    Participant
    June 16, 2014 at 9:17 pm #55403

Go for it! He probably would be more happy to be in contact with you than he would be creeped out!

renzen
    Participant
    June 17, 2014 at 12:08 am #55407

No, Facebook adds issues and unnecessary insecurities..

headlights
    Participant
    June 17, 2014 at 5:55 pm #55465

Unfortunately, I have to agree with renzen. In my case, I have OCD, and Facebook kinda did make that worse, believe it or not. Although you probably don’t have OCD, haha.

Deathjoker13
    Participant
    June 17, 2014 at 7:23 pm #55476

since there was laughs and Etc go add him

theriverweasel
    Participant
    June 18, 2014 at 1:24 pm #55536

I say you should add him! Most guys, at the least ones I talk to, are never bothered if I make the first move by adding them on Facebook. In fact, they seem more impressed

Springfairy
    Participant
    June 20, 2014 at 4:33 pm #55811

If I were you, I’d send a request.