Should I ask her or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I ask her or not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 9:50 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

newbieWithDating
    newbieWithDating
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 9:47 pm #145482
    Should I ask her or not?

I like this girl. We don’t talk much or anything. We work together, but she has changed her schedule due to her other job. So, we don’t work at same time and she will be leaving this job in 4 months. I like her and want to ask her out. She is one year older than me and, I don’t want her to think of me that I am that weird guy at work. I don’t know if asking her out is a good idea. What is the mindset of the girl when she sees that a guy from work is asking her out?

eriefairy
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 1:11 am #145500

I don’t think it’s bad at all to ask a girl out at work. After all, most of our lives are work these days, it can be hard to meet people when out, and online dating can be a headache. In one of my first relationships, my now ex-boyfriend (we were together for 4 years) asked me out at a hotel we both worked at. There was a strict no-dating policy within departments, but he was in a different department than me. We were told that as long as it was kept outside of work, it was fine. I loved that he asked me out. Mind you, we had talked a bit before and gotten to know each other. I would try striking up more conversation with her and seeing where it goes. Let her get to know you and get to know her if possible before making that leap.

anna9313
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 2:49 am #145509

Goodmorning, it wouldnt be a bad thing to ask her out. I have 2 of my friends who have been together for 3 years no and they met at work and he got the couragr to ask her about 6 months after starting to work together. Nowadays they changed their job but they are till going strong. Goodluck

hmidk
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 4:35 am #145513

maybe just ask start talking/hanging out with her?

FrustratedGuy
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 9:48 am #145662

Just go for it.

Lovingagain
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 1:31 pm #145738

You should ask her. You don’t want to look back one day and regret not doing so especially if you see where she ends up dating someone else she works with. I met my late husband at work and we were happily married for 20 years.

Angler Bill
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 12:05 pm #146463

If you don’t ask you will never know…..just go for it and if she does great if not….next

luckymothertucker
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 3:57 pm #146521

Go for it. You at least already know each other which can take away some of that first date awkwardness