Should I ask her out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I ask her out?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ksuapilot
    Participant
    December 10, 2014 at 3:13 pm #69040
    Should I ask her out?

So there is this girl who works at my bank that I’ve always found cute. I’ve never asked anyone out who works in customer service, but I’m thinking I would like to make an exception with her.

Long story short, I am a pilot who’s training in Florida to become an instructor. On my way to school one day, I stopped by the bank in my uniform, and she noticed, and every time I’ve gone in since, she takes an interest and tells me how cool it is and “I’m excited for you.” I only go in maybe once a month. Next time I see her, if she asks about my flight school, I would like to invite her up flying with me, since I go alone anyway to build time. It might not technically be “asking her out,” but at least it would give me the opportunity to get to know her better, and ask her out later away from her place of work. Any opinions?

BTW, we found out we went to high school together in Georgia, but never knew each other then. She is two years younger. I’m 24, she’s 22.

Confusedyoungman
    Participant
    December 11, 2014 at 12:33 pm #69078

Just ask her out! Life is too short to waste opportunities if it looks as if someone likes you. You never know, she might be the love of your life.

walkinglion17
    Participant
    December 12, 2014 at 10:07 am #69087

just walk up and be like my name is booga wanna catch a flick?

JChristie
    JChristie
    Participant
    December 12, 2014 at 3:02 pm #69111

ask her out but don’t give her all your details. she may be a great girl or she may be a gold digger who will be what she thinks you want until she has control of your assets and then suddenly she will reveal the real her.

no, i would be careful here. ask her out for coffee or a meal and treat her well. but don’t try to impress her too much and really focus on getting to know her values – before you reveal your own. some people are very good manipulators. if they think you have money, they will lie and be anyone to hook you.

that said, she could be perfect for you. just be careful.

DCM
    DCM
    Participant
    December 12, 2014 at 10:02 pm #69131

I think that’s a great idea ksuapilot. But as JChristie mentioned, don’t do that to impress her or anything. Only invite her that first time just to have a chat alone with her and see if anything develops. If you feel a relationship is developing, ask her to a date (IMHO, something that’s not too fancy!).

And always be yourself around her. Hope this helps!

pearl01
    Participant
    December 13, 2014 at 3:43 pm #69135

Great idea ksuapilot but that might come across as bragging.. I would first go coffee or happy hour it theres anything there I would invite her..

ksuapilot
    Participant
    December 14, 2014 at 12:29 am #69148

What if I invited her like I said before, but “sorry, had a cancellation.” (about two thirds of my flights don’t happen anyway due to weather or maintenance.) I would probably just call and ask to meet for coffee instead.

The thing is, I have a problem asking people out at their work, and my original idea doesn’t really seem like “asking her out.” This wouldn’t be a bragging thing, maybe just a quick hop over the coast and back. Everything past that would be kept simple, just getting to know each other. I would certainly see what she could bring to the table. I’m actually a pretty humble person, it just doesn’t come across that way in a forum haha

dukes05
    Participant
    December 14, 2014 at 5:16 pm #69152

Ask her out bro, tellers give the best head, no bs.

Johnbob
    Participant
    December 14, 2014 at 7:55 pm #69158

If I can give my opinion, I think your first idea is actually really good, and relatively safe if you play it right. If she’s startled and obviously doesn’t want it, you should be able to tell by her reaction and play it off as if it was just a flirty, joking one-liner and just laugh it off. But if she accepts, then that’s one hell of a romantic first date. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

pearl01
    Participant
    December 15, 2014 at 8:42 am #69161
    Reply To: Should I ask her out?

@ ksuapilot would you be able to talk one on one and really get to know this person? be 100% in the moment with her.

notjustanybody70
    Participant
    December 15, 2014 at 2:38 pm #69197

Inviting her to go flying is a really good idea. It is always best to know someone even just a little bit before you ask them out.

Nismo350
    Participant
    December 15, 2014 at 8:48 pm #69248

How many people will get the opportunity to get to go flying like that? It’s a great way to get to know someone. You should do it.

Themedic
    Themedic
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 2:51 am #69252

I would ask nicely as a friend to see how she responds but the key is not to make a big deal out of it for 2 reasons. 1) if you come off as a crazy person if you show negativity to rejection and 2) You work with her so it could get weird if things flesh out and they turn ugly in the office.

Angel123456789
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 10:17 pm #69322

Yes…. do it!! Life is too short to waste time….

December 17, 2014 at 5:34 am #69327

Don’t hesitate, make a move. Regret from not doing anything is way worse than any rejection you might receive. She sounds interested, and taking he up with you would be a good date. If she says something like “afraid of heights” counter with a dinner/movie date.

1 2