should i ask her out even besides my roommate?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kiterider12
    Participant
    November 29, 2013 at 8:18 pm #43688

Met a girl 9 months ago and at the time my roommate was very into her. We all hung out all the time. She turned into a pretty good friend of mine. From week one this girl made it very clear to me she was unintrested in my roommate, then in july she flat out told him he had to back off. She and I still talk and hang out from time to time..if we do end up talking on the phone, we talk for a good while.

She is a VERY southern girl and the guy needs to do all the work, I know that for a fact with her. During thanksgiving she invited me to have dinner with her family. which i took strictly as platonic. But i have strong family values and fell for her over dinner.

Do i ask her out? and not worry about my roommates comments? he is currently deployed (thankful for his service)…but it is a no go for him…but I think there is a chance and want to ask her to accompany me to my companies holiday party. Thoughts?

JohnX
    Participant
    December 2, 2013 at 5:17 pm #43739

If she made it clear that she is not interested in your roommate, then I think it’s fine to ask her out. It’s good that you respect your roommate, but 5 months is more than enough time to get over a crush when the girl actually told him to back off. He needs to move on, and it doesn’t sound healthy if he still likes her enough to object to the two of you dating. It’s not right for him to decide who either of you get to date, and I don’t think you should have any qualms about asking her out. I would still try to be respectful towards your roommate (i.e. show some restraint around him like you would your parents) until he gets over it, but keep in mind it’s his job to move on, not yours.

thatguy28
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 1:24 am #43753

I think that it would make things awkward if you had a relationship with this girl. If I was your roommate I would be pretty mad. Thats kinda breaking the bro code. So unless your willing to find a new roommate you should just be friends.