Should I ask her to be my girlfriend AGAIN? I still don't know where we stand.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MP.Clan
    Participant
    November 21, 2013 at 2:02 am #43200

I have been dating a girl for nearly seven months and around the end of the first month, I asked her to be my girlfriend/exclusive. She said she wanted to take things slow.

A couple of months later (3 months into dating) I was confused because I didn’t know what direction we were heading in. I asked her if she wanted to stop seeing each other, and she said that she does not want to stop seeing me.

Fast forward to present times (almost seven months of dating), I still don’t know what we are. We see each other almost once a week, and she is very affectionate and loving in person. She talks to me about her problems, and I feel like she can trust me as she has told me about problems in her life. I felt like maybe she doesn’t care about labels or anything like that.

However when one of my female friends teased her about being single, she responded saying, “I may be single, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have people that like me.”

nishhhh
    Participant
    November 22, 2013 at 1:15 am #43310

No

erikmay
    erikmay
    Participant
    December 17, 2013 at 8:54 am #44690

I am not sure I understand your entire post. It sounds like she is your girlfriend, but since you are not married she is technically single. Were you expecting her to say she was not single?

I usually overanalyze situations with women and ask the wrong questions, but it sounds like you two are in a relationship, so why ask again? That would be a question I asked in the past and I know it sound as if I lacked confidence. The girls usually disappeared from my life shortly after that. If you are still dating, then I would not ask again.

MP.Clan
    Participant
    April 2, 2014 at 6:27 pm #43201

When hearing that this is what came out of her mouth, I feel like we are “just dating” and are not exclusive to each other.

I keep having bad thoughts and I am wondering if I should ask her to be my girlfriend again. Is it wrong to ask again? How should I do it? If she says no or that she’s not sure, should I just say “okay” and leave? What should I do?

When we’re together, she is so loving and so affectionate. She always offers to pay for our meals. We cuddle up in the back of my car together, and we act just like couples.

When I disappear for a few days (especially when I’m busy) she starts saying that she misses me. So what should I do? I understand in the past that she’s been hurt a lot and she’s afraid…but isn’t it obvious that I’m not going to hurt her? It’s been nearly SEVEN MONTHS!

I can’t just leave…I’m not like that. I have feelings for her, and they can’t just go away like that.

MP.Clan
    Participant
    April 2, 2014 at 6:27 pm #43202

When hearing that this is what came out of her mouth, I feel like we are “just dating” and are not exclusive to each other.

I keep having bad thoughts and I am wondering if I should ask her to be my girlfriend again. Is it wrong to ask again? How should I do it? If she says no or that she’s not sure, should I just say “okay” and leave? What should I do?

When we’re together, she is so loving and so affectionate. She always offers to pay for our meals. We cuddle up in the back of my car together, and we act just like couples.

When I disappear for a few days (especially when I’m busy) she starts saying that she misses me. So what should I do? I understand in the past that she’s been hurt a lot and she’s afraid…but isn’t it obvious that I’m not going to hurt her? It’s been nearly SEVEN MONTHS!

I can’t just leave…I’m not like that. I have feelings for her, and they can’t just go away like that…

MP.Clan
    Participant
    April 2, 2014 at 6:27 pm #43203

Tanya
    Participant
    April 3, 2014 at 8:53 am #50342

Hi there,

Yes ask her again. After reading this i felt the girl u are dating is a shy girl so she was not able to say yes earlier. Now its been more then 7 months, so she must have made up her mind :). All the beast 🙂

paracute
    Participant
    April 3, 2014 at 12:30 pm #50395

you should be asking her this. Tell her all of this, you should know what shes thinking

r.gonzolvaz
    Participant
    April 4, 2014 at 4:09 am #50445

Sorry dude, I’m gonna have to agree with somebody above, I think she’s trying to make it so that she isn’t at fault if she starts seeing somebody else. If you want something serious, I’d kid her to the curb.

Frank2thepoint
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:30 pm #45159

Dating seven months, she’s affectionate and loving to you. Have you guys even gotten physical? Before you say sex is not what you are after, I will say that sex is a healthy part of a relationship. A functional, exclusive relationship. If you had no sex, and it’s unsure if you guys even french kissed based on your post, then you need to reevaluate what you are doing with this girl.

daisy1010
    Participant
    February 5, 2017 at 9:20 pm #125761
    Reply To: Should I ask her to be my girlfriend AGAIN? I still don't know where we stand.

yes