Should I ask her to study even though things didn't go according to plan?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

E3ZY219
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 10:46 pm #125714

So I am a college senior.

This quarter, I am attracted to a girl in my philosophy class who I normally don’t sit with in lecture since it is a 300 person lecture hall, but I do see her in my TA section (when there are only 30 students). The problem is that TA sections are only once and a week.

So anyway, the first day of section we were in the same group so I was able to notice her. The second week, she sat behind me and after finishing our work, we started talking and learning about each other. The third week, she sat right next to me and I said hi to her but we got split into different groups, and didn’t talk much. However I caught her making eye contact with me twice.

I later added her on facebook to ask a question about class, but she never replied or accepted my friend request. This was a dumb move by me, and probably weird as well.

Anyway, I want to ask her if she wants to study with me for an exam we are going to have, but I can only ask in section. Should I still do it?

E3ZY219
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 10:54 pm #125715

Obviously I want to do more than studying. I would have asked her in person before, but I don’t see her enough!

jillianfrances
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 12:09 am #125717

I don’t think it was weird for you to add her on Facebook, if she was talking to you in class and making eye contact with you I’m surprised she didn’t accept it honestly. You should definitely still ask her if she wants to study with you though, that way it’s not like directly asking to go on a date and she might be more willing to do it/ more comfortable! 🙂