Should I ask him how he feels about me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

l_m
    Participant
    February 22, 2015 at 3:14 am #73876

I met a guy a three months ago. I like him a lot but I told him i just wanted to be friends, I have a lot on my plate in life so i’m not ready for a serious relationship, I’m a virgin and I don’t want to have sex until I’m married. He respected this but as you can guess things didn’t go in that direction. He kissed me for the first time yesterday. We walked to the pier and sat on a bench (Never been kissed) In fact I even told him I might be bad at it but he said nothing and looked at my face pushed my bangs back looked deeply into my eyes gave me a long peck, paused then I kissed him back hard. Then after 5 min of on and off kissing (no tongue) He kissed my forehead, my hand, then my lips then hugged me hard then he continued to hold me and rested his head on my chest as I kissed his neck and played with his hair. My problem is he doesnt talk much about his feelings and I still have no idea what he is truly thinking, whether if he is playing games or is sincere… Should I ask him?

bellecurve
    bellecurve
    Participant
    February 22, 2015 at 3:08 pm #73881

You state that you just want to be friends with him, but you wonder “whether if he is playing games or is sincere”. If you just want to be friends with him, does it matter what his intentions are, since you don’t want anything more?

As for what he’s thinking, guys generally step up to the plate if they’re interested in you…in the sense that things will be “moving forward”. Asking is generally pointless since people can say anything. I would just wait it out. I assume you’re on the younger side (I’m in my thirties), so I don’t know exactly how younger people act, and at that age he may not know what he wants either. Do people your age go on formal dates, or “hang out?” The latter is generally a nebulous situation where it is harder to tell what the other person wants. So, I think you should figure out what you really want first 🙂

Let me know if you end up going on a formal date at some point, and then I can help you more 🙂 Good luck!

l_m
    Participant
    February 22, 2015 at 9:10 pm #73895

Yes I know that sounds funny but at the time I just wanted to be friends because of my current circumstances. But things just didnt turn out that way. I did make how I felt about everything clear before we started hanging out. I’m being straight up and as honest as I can be in the moment. And yes I’m on the younger side I’m only 23 and he is 33. We havent been on a formal date yet because we started out as just friends so we hungout casually then things just evolved.. but he knows my position about intimacy before marriage. So as far as the sex thing he cant really go any further but my puzzle is he is not very expressive verbally but is very expressive physically (action) which is good but I’d like to work on drawing him out more. So I wanted to know should I have this conversation with him or just do as you originally suggested and see how things play out by what he is doing more so than whats coming out of his mouth…

Sunflower
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 10:05 am #74430

I think it is always better to talk about how you feel. You should ask him how he feels about you, and explain everything that you feel to him.

Anonymous
    March 2, 2015 at 9:13 am #74457

You should talk heart to heart! If you want to be a virgin until marriage, you won`t be in such fast developing of things.

SMS
    SMS
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 5:30 pm #74524

He is Okay about NOT HAVING SEX. He kissed your hand , cheeks and forehead, Rested his head on your chest and Hugged you really hard. He is F*****g in LOVE with you. And whether you want to take things further or not, its up to you. But I am telling you he will treat you real nice and keep you like a princess. I am a guy myself, and I know majority of guys just want sex or making out and stuff. If you tell a guy you don’t want any sex, more than 70% will leave you after some time.

SMS
    SMS
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 5:46 pm #74526

And I would like if you could give me some advice on my thread. here is its link.
    http://www.datingadvice.com/forum/topic/do-i-stand-a-chance-with-this-girl

Damon971
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 7:57 pm #74531

i feel its healthy in any relationship to communicate with each other and talk about any situation you are mentally/emotionally dealing, in my opinion go ahead and ask him, but its your choice