Should I ask him out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I ask him out?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tigerlily
    Participant
    February 9, 2015 at 5:20 pm #72983
    Should I ask him out?

Hi 🙂

I met this guy in one of my college classes last semester, we talked a bit but not really. I kind of like him so after the semester ended I added him on Facebook, then we talked online for a while and I asked him if he wants to get dinner together sometime. He said yes, but I didn’t push it so we didn’t set up a date and time. Since then I haven’t talked to him on Facebook, but I’ve seen him occasionally around campus and he just says hi and that’s it.

Question: should I message him again and ask him out at a specific time, or is he just not interested and trying not to hurt my feelings?

hisgirlnow78
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 2:19 pm #73306

Definitely ask him out. What have you got to lose? Maybe he is shy.

dreamer
    dreamer
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 7:51 am #73350

Looks like you did the initiating here, nothing really “bad” about that, except it is rare from a woman’s side. I think now most of the initiating falls on your shoulders. Until you actually become a “couple” (if and when) – then it can be more “equally distributed”. This is what guys handle most of the time, welcome to our world 🙂
    You already have each other’s contact info, have talked etc. so shouldn’t be too difficult to find out.

jstei007
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 12:03 pm #73360

It’s been my experience that if a guy is interested, he’ll make a move on his own.

Not to say he isn’t an exception. You really don’t have anything to lose by asking.

irresolute
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 1:39 pm #73369

No don’t ask him out. If he hasn’t asked you out it’s because he doesn’t like you enough. Men like the chase

redpoppy
    Participant
    February 15, 2015 at 9:56 am #73459

I think he would’ve asked you by now had he been interested in you as much as you are in him. Though that doesn’t mean you have much to lose by bringing up the date again 😉 maybe just wait a bit more and see if he makes a move. If he doesn’t, you do and he still doesn’t seem interested, then whatever 😛

March 14, 2015 at 2:31 am #75360

No don’t ask him out. If he hasn’t asked you out it’s because he doesn’t like you enough. Men like the chase

how is that accurate?

gkos90
    Participant
    March 17, 2015 at 7:59 am #75446

you should put in his head to ask you for a date..chat with him via facebook and let him ask for it!

biggirlwonder
    Participant
    March 17, 2015 at 7:56 pm #75543

I think you COULD ask him out, but I don’t know how interested he is since he didn’t try too hard to have dinner with you. It might be worth your while to just forget him! :-/

Anonymous
    March 18, 2015 at 10:04 am #75570
    Reply To: Should I ask him out?

of course, why not

elcabo995
    Participant
    March 20, 2015 at 12:21 am #75703
    Reply To: Should I ask him out?

yeah go for it. Doesn’t seem like he’s disinterested