Should I be jealous?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I be jealous?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hisgirlnow78
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 2:28 pm #73308
    Should I be jealous?

My boyfriend of six months dated this girl for two years. They ended it about a year and a half ago. They dated for two years and she moved to Colorado while he moved to Texas. He says he hates her and yet when we first started dating she called him and told him what a horrible person he was, that he’d ruin my life and that he’d never stay sober (we are both recovering addicts and she is an active addict). He said he spoke to her because he feels guilty that he’s the one who turned her on to drugs and essentially messed up her life. He said he was looking for some sort of closure, but the conversation ended badly. Now come to find out they have been exchanging emails a few times a month at least and talking on the phone once or twice a month. They recently became Facebook friends and I notice that he “likes” her statuses occasionally and makes comments once in a while about the dog they owned together. His mother contacted me and told me I should be very worried about this girl.

hisgirlnow78
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm #73309

She said that while they were dating she didn’t want him to have any friends (even guys) other than her and would mess up his relationships with other people. She said that this girl will try everything she can to come between us and break us up. I have talked to him about her and let him know that I don’t like him staying in contact with her because I think she’s toxic, but he said they’ve been friends since they were little and he doesn’t just dump friends. He said he may have to talk to her sometimes. I asked why and he said he didn’t know, but that they had mutual friends and he was friends with her brother. She called him a week and a half ago crying because my bf’s best friend committed suicide. He only told me because I asked if he had talked to her recently, but at least he didn’t hide it. Again, I said I didn’t think they should be friends and I don’t like him talking to her. Today I saw that he “liked” another post on her FB. Should I be bothered by this? He tells me he’s not

keely123
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 4:32 pm #73329

It’s not worth to be jealous! Trust me. If he didn’t like you, he would have left you. We girls worry way too much about stuff like this.
    Just don’t worry.

hisgirlnow78
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 7:30 am #73310

going to hang out with her and I shouldn’t be worried because he loves me and they are just friends. Yet he continues to say he hates her. In addition to this, he just informed me that he plans on taking a trip to Colorado soon to visit some friends and go snowboarding. I asked if he was going to see the girl and he said no and the friends don’t even know her. However, he is going to be only a 3.5 hrs drive away from where she lives. I mentioned it to his mom and she said that if he goes you can bet he’s going to see her. I don’t know if his mom is being dramatic and worrying too much? He’s never given me a reason not to trust him. He doesn’t hide things on his phone and we usually play together on his phone all the time so he’s not worried about me seeing a text from her. I don’t see him getting phone calls from anyone but his parents. Am I worried over nothing? Should I trust him?

hisgirlnow78
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 7:30 am #73311

I shouldn’t worry about her. Now he tells me he’s planning a trip to Colorado to visit some friends. He denies that he’s going to see her, but she lives 3.5 hours away from where he will be visiting. I mentioned it to his mom and she said that if he is going to Colorado I can bet that he is going to see her. Could his mom just be worrying too much? He’s never given me a reason not to trust him and he doesn’t hide his phone from me or get weird phone calls. I haven’t seen anything to indicate that he’s doing something wrong. Still, it bothers me that they correspond occasionally. Should I be worried?

redpoppy
    Participant
    February 15, 2015 at 6:23 am #73454

I don’t know if you should be jealous, but I definitely would be. That doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do tough. 😛
    You’ve already confronted him about it and since he said she’s just a friend there’s not much you can do about it. I think pressuring him about it might get him mad, so maybe you should just play it cool and try not to worry about the girl. If you see any actual indication that she is in fact “toxic”, then talk to him about it, but try not to listen to his mother if you don’t wanna go crazy. She sounds a little biased and if you don’t WANT to worry, then don’t talk about this girl anymore. It depends on how you want to handle this..

ConfusedOne83
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 5:49 pm #73640

agree

LilDeezy1987
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 10:39 am #73663

you shouldn’t be jealous they probably became friends, but then again you should find out more information about that situation because you don’t know if he is being unfaithful.

n33dlove
    Participant
    February 20, 2015 at 11:59 am #73791

I would be worried too. They always say you don’t know what you had until it is gone.. I would personally be worried. Relax though… maybe he just misses the friendship.

Anonymous
    February 20, 2015 at 1:28 pm #73817
    Reply To: Should I be jealous?

I think that there is no need to worry! If he loved her. He would have already had it. And you have not spoken to him about this? That he is responsible. Maybe just support it. Feels guilty in front of her! Maybe you will be interested in this site. I found my love out there and happy https://kovla.com/datings/us/madison

Mol_2412
    Participant
    February 20, 2015 at 3:40 pm #73833

I dont think you have anything to worry about x

JessM
    Participant
    February 21, 2015 at 10:50 pm #73871

Mo