Should I bother with her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

multisamsami
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 7:52 am #121200

So I had one date with a girl and thought it was great. We talked a lot and I became really interested by her. A few days ago I asked her on a second date, and she accepted, but I had to cancel because I was sick that day. So I told her I would contact her the next week. The thing is that she’s really slow at replying, and she’s really cold, she doesn’t really uses smileys or anything, I almost feel like she doesn’t care. So should I even bother with her and move on, or still messaging her? Because I feel like I bother her.. she’s 27 and I’m 23 btw.

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  multisamsami.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 10:52 am #121227

If you really want to see her again, call her! Ask her out! Keep us posted! Good luck!

dddanse
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 2:14 pm #121228

Holidays are busy – if you really like her, give her another chance. Call or message her.

zogoflax
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 3:28 pm #121238

She might not care … for now … it’s just who she is. Persistence may be a plus for you with her if guys frequently give up on her because of this part of her personality. If she agreed to the second date, even though you had to cancel it, by all means try again. If she’s slow to respond, then start well in advance to make sure you have time to get everything straight. Or maybe try calling her to get through the answers quicker.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 3:46 pm #121241

If you really want to see her, you will find a way to ask her. If she wants to see you again, she will answer =)

wburdon
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 9:04 pm #121249

call her!

Trunman
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 6:51 am #121261

Call her…if you can meet up with her again and tell her directly.

doubledutch
    Participant
    December 31, 2016 at 12:00 am #121325

You guys aren’t in a full relationship yet so I wouldn’t expect smileys but, if you feel she is completely mundane in her responses to EVERYTHING by all means can her and move on.. keep in mind she might be reluctant to be too nice after you canceled.. who knows?

Anonymous
    December 31, 2016 at 10:22 am #121329

The current girl I was dating was like this too first couple dates was on, I almost told her it’s over because I thought she didn’t care. She reassured me she does care and like me. Giving her time paid off. I noticed after we started making love, like 4 days in a row now she has really opened up. Complete opposite girl then before. Very clingy, 20+ messages a day, highly emotional, extremely loving. She had been hurt many times before by men in her life and told me she has problems with trust and opening up in relationships at first. So it is hard to say it could be like what I experienced she is being cold just as a protective mechanism to protect herself from being hurt.

Now you cancelled the second date because you were sick…a lot of women don’t like that. I have learned from the women I have been with that they want a man who keeps his word and doesn’t cancel plans, they think he cancels on me this early on he will always cancel on me. Women want reliability.

Seth_muller
    Participant
    January 1, 2017 at 1:29 am #121339
    Reply To: Should I bother with her?

You should call her and ask her out

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 11:34 am #121328

Ok thanks for all the answers. I’ll keep on trying I guess. She said she’ll be with her family for the new year, so I’ll probably ask her out again after that!

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 11:35 am #121347

Thanks for all the replies 🙂 She sent me a message wishing me a happy new year and that she would be pleased to see me again, so it gives me a bit of hope. I’ll set up a date a tell you guys how it went.

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 11:35 am #121349

Thanks for all the replies! I just asked her out, I’ll keep you posted on how it went.

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 11:38 am #121355

Thanks for the replies! I asked her out again and we’ll see each other on thursday. I’ll tell you how it goes

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 12:28 pm #121385

Good luck. From a male perspective, when a woman says they’re sick I just assume its an excuse. I would guess women probably think the same way.

1 2