DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I call her?

Author
    Comments

• BlunderBuss
    Participant
    March 4, 2017 at 6:32 pm #129080
    Should I call her?

Basically I’ve been going out with this girl for a while, when we’re on the dates it always goes really well. We made plans to go out yesterday, but then I found out a few days prior that the place we were going to is temporarily closed, so we made new plans. Then I found out there was a problem with that, so we made adjustments again. Then, a few hours before the date, she texts me saying that something’s come up and she can’t go out. I ask her if she wants to go out another time and she still hasn’t replied. I’m worried that all the changes in plans have made me look indecisive, or she’s getting bored with me. But she seemed so excited about this for several weeks, I don’t want to believe that that’s it. Maybe there’s been an emergency? If I call her tomorrow would that leave a good impression? Or would that seem needy? We’ve never talked on the phone before, so I was hoping it would make me look a little more confident, but again, could look needy.

Bus_Driver
    Participant
    March 5, 2017 at 11:13 am #129099

Having to keep changing location of your date may have seemed suspicious to her that you were looking for a way to cancel, and her cancelling last minute may have been her way of “playing the game” she thought you were playing. I would call her and you could use the pretence that you’re checking to make sure everything is ok after the emergency and try to re-arrange the date. You’ll should be able to tell by her tone of voice whether she actually wants to see you again or not.