Should i call or text her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dbupton
    Participant
    October 14, 2017 at 7:09 pm #152827

I met this girl at a school event. That was thursday night and it is now almost saturday night. We only talked for a few minutes on the way out, but somehow i got her number. I texted her saying hey this is (insert myname here) with no response. I texted her a few hours later asking her how she liked her first time at said event. The event is one my college does every year. She didn’t respond and hasn’t yet. Part of me is wondering if maybe her phone groups messages from unknown people and maybe she just hasn’t seen it. What should i do if anything?

braun
    braun
    Participant
    October 15, 2017 at 2:44 pm #152831

Hi @dbupton. Nice job getting her number. I wouldn’t text that one any more, though. If you run into her again, I would not even mention her not having responded, and pick up like you hadn’t seen her since your last conversation.

moeb4797
    moeb4797
    Participant
    October 15, 2017 at 5:56 pm #152839

Hey, you got her number! Now is the exciting part, even if she didn’t notice the text don’t text her again because you’ll seem too persistent and may come off the wrong way. Just let her take her time to reply and if you see her again, smile and say hi and don’t mention the text, ask her how she’s been and show your interest and let her emotions do the rest! Good luck!

Marko76
    Participant
    October 15, 2017 at 7:46 pm #152846

If she never responded your best bet is to text her one more time if not then shes probably nor interested

siennah
    Participant
    October 15, 2017 at 8:56 pm #152850

You can try texting her just to confirm that you got the right number. Waiting is the best

RegularJoe
    Participant
    October 15, 2017 at 9:31 pm #152854

Your response depends on whether you think you will ever see her again at school or not, in the near future.

Option 1: If you think both of your paths will cross in the near future, then; you should just prepare what you will say to her the next time you see her and how you will say it, so as not to seem desperate. Don’t text her again if this is the case!

Option 2: If you don’t think you will see her again and you like her, then; text her again, after 3 days of the last text, mention something you talked about with her in your encounter. Be brief, but descriptive. Make sure your grammar, spelling and punctuation are perfect! (College educated girls her age and older will frown on typos, in the beginning)

Example for Option 2:
    Hey (Her), this is (You) from that school event last Thursday night. Your knowledge on (Subject) was vast and your thoughts on improving (etc.) was so articulate; up for continuing our conversation (Time & Location)? (Change words to fit your personality)

onelonelyangler
    Participant
    October 16, 2017 at 3:43 pm #152960

She gone

bigbear23
    Participant
    October 16, 2017 at 6:07 pm #152978

Call her

F150owner
    Participant
    October 17, 2017 at 8:18 am #152992

I would certainly try to talk to her in person and leave the phone out of it.