should I call/text or move on

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MazzMelissa
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 5:18 pm #130867

I met this guy, we hit it off. We had been seeing each other for about a 1 1/2 mths and he started referring to me as his girlfriend and inviting me to events and introduced me to his friends. Every time we were together we both really enjoyed our time but there was a problem. He wouldn’t make much effort into contacting me and would go days at a time with no communication and or if he did he would either take hours to message back or drop off a convo with no goodbye. He would just call or message me on a Friday night at 7:00pm saying come over. No plans nothing, just out of the blue. I tried to teach not to do that by saying so i’m busy, but he continued to do it. Then when we did have plans it would never be for a specific time so I would ask the day of “What time should I come by” and then he doesn’t answer until a few hours before and cancel). This progressed to the most recent incident in which I am seeking your advise. CONTINUED IN THE REPLY SECTION NO MORE SPACE HERE

MazzMelissa
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 5:25 pm #130869

We hungout on Saturday evening, it went very well and we both enjoyed the evening. Right before I left he says “Come by tomorrow and we can watch a Movie” Is said ok. The next day I message him around noon to let him know I was thinking about heading over to his place around 8 and asked if that would be ok. He didn’t respondent. So at 8 I called him and he ignored the call after 2 rings. He then messages me and says he had gotten called into work and was on his way home and suggested that the next day would be better and he would make me dinner. I agreed. So the next day around 2 I messaged him and said “When should I be there for dinner”. No RESPONSE, it is now 7:30 and I call him (it goes to voicemail) so I am pretty made at this point and send him this text “I am on the borderline of being worried that you are in the hospital with a condition that has rendered you unable to communicate and being extremely pissed that you are a complete asshole that stood me CONTINUED BELOW….

MazzMelissa
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 8:28 am #130871

up with not even the decency of a call or text”. He messages back at almost 9 saying “I don’t really know how to respond to that. I just spent all day at the mall getting my phone take apart, repaired and dried after this morning when I was washing my towels in a pail of water my phone dropped out of my shirt pocket into the water. I am sorry but I don’t have your phone number memorized”. Now this just really pissed me off because I had seen that he was logged into Facebook messenger throughout the day and didn’t once attempt to contact me that way despite him knowing we had plans for dinner. So here is where it gets bad. Out of anger I sent him this message “I suppose dropping your phone in a pail of water is better than being laid up in a hospital. May sassy side tends to come out when I, or shall I say you, waste my time. I went to work early today so I wouldn’t have to work late in order to make it in time for dinner. CONTINUED BELOW….

MazzMelissa
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 8:28 am #130872

up without the decency of a call or text” he responds several hours later saying “I dont know how to respond to that. I just got home after spending all day at the mall getting my phone taken apart, repaired and dried. This morning while I was washing my towels in a pail of water, my cell phone fell out of my shirt pocket into the water. Sorry but I dont have your number memorized”. So the thing is I seen that throughout the day he was active on facebook messenger from time to time. So he could have easily messaged me on there so at this point I really ma and I send him this message “I suppose dropping your phone in a paid of water is better then being in the hospital. My sassy side tends to come out when I waste, or shall I say you, waste my time. I went to work early in order to avoid working late so I could make it to dinner on time. I just hate putting in that effort to only be left hanging yet again. CONTINUED BELOW……

madhatty
    madhatty
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 8:51 pm #131017

Honestly he seems like he’s wasting your time. You could be finding someone else more worthy of your time in the time you’re spending on him. If I were in your position I’d either try and talk to him about it face to face (if you can actually meet up with this guy) and tell him that he needs to be in contact when making plans and that its wasting your time and hurting you, or I’d let him go. Hope you can work this out, good luck! xx

removednow0000
    Participant
    March 24, 2017 at 6:41 am #131029

Yeah, if there’s someone you don’t want to spend time with don’t throw unwanted questions at them. Make everything clear and simple.

RaeGinger
    Participant
    March 24, 2017 at 11:55 am #131068

Don’t waste your energy on someone who isn’t taking the initiave to contact you. When a guy wants to be with you he will let you know.