Should I contact him or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

els17
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 5:59 am #146932

I had arranged a date with this guy, who cancelled our first date due to illness and then said he would make it up to me and drive down (the drive is about an hour and a half) After a few days I asked when he would be coming and he said hes away this weekend and when hes back, he will figure out a day. I got defensive at this point and thought to myself, is he just putting this off again because he’s not bothered. So I politely said that not to worry, he obviously doesn’t want to so lets leave it and have a great weekend away. He never responded, its been a week and now I am slightly gutted I never got to go on a date with him. Now I’d like to say Im realistic and that if he really did want to see me he would have responded so better to know now but there is a part of me that is telling myself that my response was dramatic and out of the blue so he probably thought best not to respond. From an outside perspective, is my first feeling right that he didn’t want to or should I apologise?

cantstopalan
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 11:51 am #146982

I would give it another try, if not the answer is there.

Forumgirl91
    Forumgirl91
    Participant
    August 26, 2017 at 4:07 am #147117

Give it another try, so that you know at least you’ve tried.

SoconfusedRN
    Participant
    August 27, 2017 at 1:44 am #147146

Def. give it another try, you wouldn’t know unless you try

dubica5
    Participant
    August 27, 2017 at 4:48 am #147148

give him just one more try

micamarton
    Participant
    August 28, 2017 at 12:28 am #147168

i think you should give it another try

Kali_Rose
    Participant
    August 29, 2017 at 6:34 pm #147474

Your question didn’t say where you met him, which I think factors in here. My experience in a situation like this has two different answers. Once, I was asked out by a brunch bartender I had known for about a year. He disappeared pretty soon after he asked me out, but had a valid excuse. We ended up having quite a few nice dates. So, if you met in person, give him one more chance. Conversely, I was speaking with a guy online and he just kept bailing at the last minute/refusing to make plans. I got the idea that he was not who he said he was and that was why he didn’t want to meet in person. If he’s an online guy, just write him off– he’s not worth your time.

BC123
    Participant
    August 29, 2017 at 7:23 pm #147480

Atleast try. The worst that can happen is you won’t hear back, which is already happening.

dbupton
    Participant
    September 17, 2017 at 11:48 pm #149310
    Reply To: Should I contact him or not?

I would not contact him.

Olivia1
    Participant
    September 27, 2017 at 2:54 pm #150594

I am in a similar situation myself and totally understand your response – you like the idea of this guy and he doesn’t appear to share the same feeling .. but, the old adage is… you don’t know what’s going on in his life. Always a slightly unsettling feeling since the way is clear for you to meet him but imagine it wasn’t for whatever reason…..such as going abroad to work, something major happening at work or with family .. this may get in the way of meeting for a date. I recently received a text from someone i like that he will manage to see me sooner or later. This doesn’t fill me with any kind of hope and like you I’m not sure. You gave quite an emotional response – he ‘obviously [doesn’t] want to let’s leave it’ – I know because I have done this myself which leads me to wonder if he is really worth your time? What if this is an indication of what he is really like. If you apologise? He may/may not reply…how will this make you feel? Just my thoughts ….

Olivia1
    Participant
    September 27, 2017 at 5:54 pm #150670

Also, this is my opinion – not sure if it counts for anything… I have decided to resist contacting someone who goes quiet suddenly because chances are they may have met someone else or have gone off the idea of meeting – you mentioned there was an hour’s drive involved. I always want to send a message to try and find out what’s changed, just out of curiosity. I can’t help feeling frustrated the potential date isn’t being as attentive as before. In fact, this is something to consider, why not – what happened… I just reckon, every picture tells a story and that’s what they’re doing. They’re painting a picture for you to piece together. I’m someone who’d rather just be told and not left hanging.

papatinman
    Participant
    September 28, 2017 at 7:16 pm #150826

Give it a shot

16cel
    Participant
    September 28, 2017 at 9:33 pm #150832

try again, give it a shot…what’s there to lose if he wasn’t interested anymore then what there was to lose is already gone…best of luck