Should i continue the relationship?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bluerose
    Bluerose
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 6:14 am #66584

I have been dating my current boyfriend for almost a year now. The other day we had an argument about him sometimes not being considerate enough towards me. I asked him to tell me what are his feelings for me until this point in our relationship. He said he cares very much,but he doesn’t feel is love yet, because he was really hurt in the past and he doesn’t want to get hurt again and it’s harder for him to get fully involved. This was exactly how i felt in the beginning of our relationship so i get that, but now i feel i’m starting to like him more and more so after we had that discussion i feel awful that he doesn’t feel the same. My question is what should i do? I do want to be with him and i’m starting to get deeper feelings for him, but at the same time i don’t want to pursue something that might never come. I need some advice.

poncho
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 8:31 am #66591

Hi
    He is more likely telling the truth that he doesnt feel the love yet, that saying it doesnt mean all is lost. Im not sure how much time you two are together. If you see each other a lot, he more likely senses unwanted pressure (insecurities,neediness?) from you and his natural reactions are ‘being not considerate towards you.”
    I may suggest that you back away a little, give him some space and see what happens.
    Good luck

TB55
    TB55
    Participant
    October 31, 2014 at 3:18 pm #66917

I agree with Poncho, give him some space. I know it’s hard to hear that someone you thought doesn’t have the same feelings you do or you think they would after almost a year of dating. One thing I know is that being hurt by someone is really hard to recover from easily. Also, if you give him that space it gives you space, as well. It can be true, absence makes the heart grow stronger. I wish you all the luck with your relationship.

t9700
    Participant
    November 2, 2014 at 12:31 am #66946

I agree give him some space, we women tend to be to emotional and men hate that specially at the beginning.

hk416
    Participant
    November 2, 2014 at 8:21 am #66958

I’ve had the same problem in the past. Take it slow and easy, and show him that you really do love him and make gestures to show him that he shouldn’t be afraid of losing you (that is, if you don’t ever plan on leaving him)