Should I continue to call/text?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nev83
    Participant
    February 19, 2014 at 11:53 pm #48065

I get mixed views on this… some say I should play a little hard to get, or appear like I have other things going on, and others say engage, engage, engage! I’m wondering what the right path is. We went on the first date last Saturday and it went well. I called her after and SHE INVITED ME to go for a second date. She left for her brothers wedding on Sunday for a week and texted me before she left so of course I reply. She usually sends me a “good morning!” type text every day, and did so on Monday, but nothing on Tuesday. I texted her with a little “hope your having fun!” thingy and she replied with a “thanks!” Now nothing today (Wednesday) and I did not call/text her today. Should I call her tomorrow or wait? Is she maybe losing interest? Am I just WAAAY to wound up and worried for no reason? Perhaps, she is just really busy and what-not? I don’t want to appear needy and possessive, but I don’t want her to think I’m over it and I DO want to know if she is over it or still interested

jc36
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 1:31 am #48445

She’s at a family function… I’m guessing pretty busy! Don’t lose contact, give her some space & send a mid day hope your day is going well text..

Corvidae21
    Corvidae21
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 9:53 am #48452

I have a similar problem, but it sounds like she is interested in you. I’d say give it a couple of days and see if she wants to meet up.

Skiguy1978
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 6:24 pm #48496

I would give her some space and wait a few days, maybe over the weekend 🙂 Not all of us watch our phones constantly, though I do because that’s my job! It depends, but I’d wait a day or two and then maybe send her another text, or wait until you know she’s back and then send one. Girls are confusing sometimes and I face a similar dilemma. It’s hard to say what the right answer is.

AngelThMan
    Participant
    February 27, 2014 at 11:22 pm #48565

Maybe she got tired of taking the initiative to text you every day. Shouldn’t you take the initiative and text her as well?

lmsx2s
    Participant
    February 28, 2014 at 10:43 pm #48638

She’s busy. Give her some space.

JoeHanky
    Participant
    March 2, 2014 at 11:28 am #48660

Definitely give her some space but continue to send her little things like that every couple days or so to let her know you’re still interested! Good luck!

andrew
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:04 pm #48217

Try open ended questions, that pressures her to engage. Maybe tell her you want to take her out when she gets back 😉

pandabear87
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:07 pm #48654

Maybe she is truely busy, not giving her the time to text you. But do give her some space, otherwise I think it would be almost considered to be smothering. So wait to text her a day or so, so then it shows you are still interested. A good thing is that she does text you back. When people don’t want nothing to do with you, they tend to ignore your text message. So just be patient.

alex@NextRSHIP
    alex@NextRSHIP
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:08 pm #48730

You’re getting to wound up and insecure because she hasn’t texted back. You don’t want to appear needy but you are. That’s not attractive.

Also, the advice about appearing to have other things going in your life shouldn’t be “appearing”. You should have other things going on in your life. That makes you attractive not just for her but for other women down the road. Consistently working on and improving your life will pay dividends down the road.

Remember that dating is a dance not a game. Text her but don’t start getting worried when she doesn’t reply. Just live your life and wait for her to make the moves. You set the ball in her court now let her volley it back.

-Alex

pbx39
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:11 pm #49043

Overthinking mate 😉