Should I continue to date this girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

treyclark247
    Participant
    June 23, 2013 at 10:43 am #33981

Hey, im a 17 year old and am on summer break. I recently got into an argument with my mother and have been staying with my grandparents. I will be returning home today. But my mother turned off my cellphone so I wasn’t able to contact my girlfriend for two days. I called her a couple days later to let her know what was going on at around 11. I woke her up from sleeping but she did not seem to ecstatic to hear from me; we talked for about an hour.
    She always tells me how lucky she is to have me and she wonders why I chose her out of all the girls she sees me talk to before we met. I truly see her as the most beautiful thing on earth. We have been dating for two months. But things just feel different after not talking to her for a week on a regular basis. I have seen my single mother deal with mentally, verbal, and physical abusive relationships and having to watch her partners cheat and lie for so long, I worry that I may be exhibiting some jealous or paranoid traits. She is really my first true relationship. I am not conceded by any means but I get told by a lot of people I should model and get called Tommy Hilfigur and Tom Brady lol but I lack condidence sometimes. I struggle with social anxiety and I am not shallow, I know beauty is more than looks. I know I can trust her but I got my phone turned on yesterday night and texted her if she wanted me to pick her up to go see a movie. All she responded was nope. I asked her why and she said she was at a party. It was her best friends and I’m pretty sure I would have gotten an invite if I had had my phone. I dont have a Facebook due to my anxiety, guess I keep putting it off, idk. But i keep getting this disturbing feeling like a heart break i presume since ive never been in love, like in my head I’m ending the relationship.
    I started the summer with a lot of plans and outgoing but I receded back into my depressive anxiety head. I don’t have a big social life and was doing good for a while going out and living anxious free but not now. She is outgoing and fun with so many friends and I feel I wont be able to keep up. Should I just end this?