Should I continue to pursue my female friend who has a boyfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:01 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kingkutta213
    Participant
    May 21, 2016 at 2:46 pm #100928

There’s this girl I’ve known for over a year now. She has a boyfriend, but we’ve been good friends over the past year, hanging out alot, going out to dinner, lunch, etc. Our mutual friend has said that there may be a mutual attraction.

Last week we ended up cuddling, and I felt her up a bit, kissed her cheek, and carressed her face, and we made googly eyes and all that shit.

Last night we hung out again and we held hands a bit and I kissed her neck and cheek again. Her mom has sent me a “thank you note” for being a food friend to her daughter with some candy. She talks about me alot to her. and she may suspect something is going on between us. her boyfriend may suspect something as well.

Shes been having issues with her relationship. and she wants me to come up to see her, about 4 hours away. she wants to come down to see me too.

My questions are this: Would this be considered cheating? Why would we do all these things together? does she like me?

Avalanche
    Participant
    May 21, 2016 at 4:48 pm #100930

A girl who is in relationship goes out with an other guy, holding hands and kissing him, and you ask whether its cheating? 😀 Well it seems to be.. Two options my friend:
    1. she is unhappy with her relationship, and enjoys being with you
    2. she is just not the faithful type

If you like her, ask her out. There is a high chance that she fits the 1. point, in this case, go for it and tell her you feelings.

bexxx143
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 12:00 am #100946

Yes it is considered cheating, she does seem to enjoy your company but if she wanted to be with you/date you she would have dumped her current boyfriend. You’re just her confort zone. Doing things her bf doesn’t do. At the end of the day she goes home to her bf.

EmmaSwan
    EmmaSwan
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 2:27 am #100951

Youre going to be used and abused of you go down this road. Trust me. You don’t want anyone placing you second bc if she still has a dude shes answering to him!! Shes with HIM. She kisses HIM. She sleeps with HIM…. always before YOU. ask yourself… Is your self steem that low??

lost2016
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 6:18 pm #100966

I wouldn’t say it was cheating……………. YET. I reckon if you carry on it could be classed as that. Sounds like she’s not that happy with her bf but also maybe she’s found something in you that she really likes. I reckon if you have a connection with someone ALWAYS pursue it because it’s not often in life that you feel that way about people. Could be complicated at first but life and love is never easy.