Should I continue to pursue this girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ShotsFired
    Participant
    January 4, 2014 at 4:15 pm #45825

So about two months ago I met this girl at a party. We ended up meeting up at a party the next weekend and spending the whole night together. We hung out a few weekends later and she spent the night for the first time. Her friend had even told me, “She really likes you”. However, after she spent the night, we never hung out again. I gave her my sweatshirt so I had a reason to see her again. She came over about three weeks ago to return it because she didn’t want to have it over Christmas break, and I wasn’t sure if I should have made a move or not….so I didn’t. When she was leaving, I said “You have my number”, and she replied, “And you have mine”. Almost insinuating that I could contact her as easily as she could contact me. According to a friend’s friend, who is also interested in her, she has a dude in another state that she’s very “boyfriendy” with. She visits him from time to time. He also told me she wasn’t interested in me anymore. Should I believe him?

ShotsFired
    Participant
    January 4, 2014 at 4:17 pm #45826

This friend’s friend is much closer with the girl than I am. He is very friendzoned and has talked to her about me, so I’m not sure whether he’s telling the truth or just trying to get me to back off. It’s been Christmas break for 2 and a half weeks now and we haven’t talked. Should I reconnect with her when I get back to school or just drop it? My fear is that she’s in to me and I’m paying too much attention to exterior opinions. My other fear is that she doesn’t like me and I’m just an annoying dude who’s been trying to get with her ever since she spent the night. I texted her the weekend before Christmas break asking to hang out on a Friday night, and she immediately responded with “Can I bring your sweatshirt back?”. It seemed like she was anxious to cut ties. I’m getting mixed signals with this girl and I’m not sure what to do because I do really like her.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  ShotsFired.

Peanutbear3
    Participant
    January 5, 2014 at 9:27 pm #45837

When she said ‘and you have fine’ was she perhaps insinuating you should have been in touch more? How long between sleeping together and returning the shirt and did you initiate any contact between that period.
    Only you and this girl are in the ‘relationship’, so I wouldn’t necessarily list to the friend. I would text her and see where it goes from there. You have nothing to lose and if you really like her you should pursue it.

Anonymous
    January 6, 2014 at 2:59 am #45840

I really enjoy the fact that you gav her your sweatshirt so there would be a reason for you to connect again. Very smart.
    Do not ask what is going on such as: do you like me?
    is this going to turn to something more?
    do not ask anything to her like this. Girls never no what they want. they change the mind like the wind. Just play it cool and just text her regularly about anythng such as weather, what happen while you were drivin etc.
    keep in connect things will work out.

regansdad
    Participant
    January 31, 2014 at 7:02 am #46973

Text her as a friend and see how she replies. If she texts back and acts ok, then tell her you enjoyed being with her. Listen to whst she says. If she enjoyed you as well, then ask her when you can see her again.

gordonie
    Participant
    January 31, 2014 at 10:58 am #46978

I agree with regansdad. all you can do is try

ShotsFired
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:37 pm #45827

When she returned my sweatshirt, she was also very forward about it. I asked her if she wanted to hang out on a Saturday night, and she immediately replied with “Can I bring your sweatshirt back?”. It seemed very obvious that she was trying to cut ties.

Ashx88
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:37 pm #45829

You are thinking too much. You will never know if you have a chance if you doubt yourself so much. Honestly just call her, and spend some time with her. if she refuses etc etc, then you know it is a no.