Should I cut my losses or say something

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Fedirk
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 9:25 pm #88073

So i took out this cute girl from my class bowling for a date. I thought things went well. After the date i called her telling her i enjoyed the date and wanted to take her out next week. She said she was busy next week because of school but said that shes down to hang out with me next week. I said okay and told her i would call her later in the week to make plans. I call her a few days later but she didn’t pick up. I end up seeing her in class but act like nothing happened. She approached me and asked to talk after class.She said she saw my call but didn’t feel like calling back. We talk after class and she tells me she likes me but is not interested in a relationship or dating and didn’t consider bowling with me a date. I was a little offended and said i was just trying to have fun and get to know you and not make anything serious. She said good and said shes still down to hangout later. I said okay and went on my way. I was nervous when this happened and feel

Fedirk
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 9:31 pm #88074

like I should have said that I considered bowling with her a date to me because in my opinion it was. I also feel like i should have said to her that i am not interested in hanging out with her as friends. I also thought it was rude of her to ignore my call and even told me she did. She now wants to hang out with me but just as friends. It sucks to be rejected but what bothers me more is that i wasn’t a man and didn’t speak my mind to avoid conflict. id prefer to not be friend zoned and cut my losses. Should I just cut my losses and not approach her in class? Also should I be honest with her and tell her i’m not interested in being her friend if she asks to hangout?

Lealo91
    Participant
    November 7, 2015 at 12:44 am #88078

Definitely just cut your losses. It’s obvious she just wants to be friends, if you don’t want to be friends just back off and leave her to it or.. You could be honest and tell her you don’t want to be just friends so you’re declining hanging out with her for now.

Flotsam_84
    Participant
    November 10, 2015 at 5:35 am #88192

I agree with Lealo91, unless you are interested in just having a friendship, it’s best to move on.

lucylily
    Participant
    November 10, 2015 at 12:59 pm #88258

Love sucks… It doesn’t get better as you get older either. I would just send a message and say thanks for our chat earlier. Not what I’m looking for at them moment. Was fun spending time with you. See you around