Should I date a retail staff ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LittlekingP
    LittlekingP
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 4:13 pm #74411

So a retail staff in the nearby local store seems to be interested in me. At first, it was just a small chat after I helped her last 2 weeks. Since then, she started to make small talk and smile to me whenever we have a chance. We even walked together and had a talk on the street for hours as we met one day. She is just so sweet and cute. I discovered that she’s currently single. We share same interests in travelling, art, and the taste of music. However, she is 4 years older than me (I’m 21,student. She’s 25, with a job).

Sadly I am going to move to Belgium in next 3 months. And personally, I have never dated anyone older than me before. Therefore I don’t really know how things will work out eventually.

Do you think that I should date her, despite many gaps ?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by LittlekingP LittlekingP.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by LittlekingP LittlekingP.

CastleInSky
    Participant
    March 1, 2015 at 6:35 pm #74438

There is nothing wrong with a woman a few years older than you. 4 years is no big thing, by any means. You can carry that with you for the future.

But, the sad thing is that you are going to break her heart if you date, and she falls for you, and you move away so soon. She is not going to drop her life (job, friends, family) and come with you, like in a movie, after knowing you for a month or two.

Are you moving to Belgium permanently? If yes, don’t hurt her. If no, and you’ll be back in a year, stay in touch with her. Perhaps become friends while you can. Go out for lunch or coffee — no dinners, no strolls along the river — and talk. Tell her that you are moving to Belgium. Ask her to stay in touch with you. Tell her when you are coming back, if that’s an option. She’ll react the way it’s meant to be.

But yeah, no problem with women being slightly older. That’s nothing. You’re both adults, she can be more mature with you (but be sure to be mature back!).