Should I double text or no?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

whatupwhatup
    Participant
    June 1, 2017 at 10:18 pm #138167

Okay so to make a long story short, I’ve been sending dms to this girl (we’re both 20) who works for my parents, and whose best friend is a coworker of mine. My coworker told me that this girl kept asking about me, and after hearing that I dm’d her thinking she may be into me. So we talked for a bit and all of a sudden she stopped responding. The conversation was actually decent, but now i don’t know if I should shoot her a follow up message or if I should just move on. If I should follow up, what do I say after my last message was ignored?

NicoleMorgan
    Participant
    June 1, 2017 at 10:54 pm #138168

What was the last message you sent ? Give it at least a week and see if she writes you back. Keep it short and simple. Depends what your last message was though

NicoleMorgan
    Participant
    June 1, 2017 at 10:56 pm #138169

Also, please add me on instagram! @b.itch_boys !! Thanks 🙂

whatupwhatup
    Participant
    June 2, 2017 at 12:24 am #138175

It has been a day and she saw the message. It said “seen”

mdawson24
    Participant
    June 2, 2017 at 3:01 pm #138288

If yo never double texted her before then I’d just do it. I myself have made the mistake of accidentally reading someone’s message and forgetting to respond. Who knows what happened. If you text her and you guys talk and then she goes ghost on you again, then so be it. At least you tried tho.

JessC
    Participant
    June 2, 2017 at 6:48 pm #138357

I say text her again. If she doesn’t answer then you have your answer.

SubLeaf
    Participant
    June 2, 2017 at 7:28 pm #138362

I’d go for it whats the worst that can happen

lostman1105
    Participant
    June 3, 2017 at 8:50 am #138373

I would play it out, there are so many variables in play with this one.

lovelyLAgirl
    Participant
    June 3, 2017 at 11:24 am #138377

i agree, it depends on what your last message said…… but i read DM’s all of the time and also forget to respond. most guys i know send
    a follow up if i don’t respond. no harm in shooting her another DM. if she then doesn’t respond to that, time to move on.

dula154
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 7:53 pm #138509
    Reply To: Should I double text or no?

it does depend on what was said, but give it a day or two and try to start a new conversation instead of the last one. maybe something said in the last convo didnt go over well with her so try to start new.

mnm12345
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 7:57 pm #138511

I’d say go for it and see what happens. Or even if you are friends with her on Instagram, like one of her pics and maybe she’ll notice and remember that she forgot to message ya back.

Brokenhearted30
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 10:17 pm #138523

Honestly, double texting shows interest. I don’t think it could ever be harmful unless if you start to seem too forward, which doesn’t seem to be the case yet. If they still don’t respond, give a few days between texts.

Zizi77
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 12:39 am #138531

U should text her. If she didnt respond, u got ur answer.

Derekhhh
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 4:56 am #138541

From mountains of information I’ve learned from Self Improvement coaches, double texting is a no no. Texting is like a game of tennis. You hit the ball over and wait for her to hit it back. If she doesn’t, you walk away. If you double text, it seems needy, and that’s the number 1 attraction killer.

liliel
    Participant
    June 6, 2017 at 1:15 pm #138597

I say text her once more , she may be playing hard to get or she might have forgotten or may be something came up and forgot to respond . If after second text there is no response , let it go.

1 2