Should I end it with girl for other girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sn8wman
    Participant
    November 6, 2014 at 12:18 pm #67127

So I recently met a girl (Shannon) one night we’d both been drinking and I had a lot of fun with her. Kissed her at the end of the night and have spent some time with her since then. Everything was going well but there’s this other girl (Elaine). I knew her before and had a crush on her but never made a move. It had been over a month since I last saw and the crush started to fade but than I saw her at a party over the weekend and we were flirting a lot. I remembered who much a liked this girl but now I’m starting a relationship with this Shannon.
    The more I think about the more I want to be with Shannon. I like Shannon when I am with her but we really don’t talk much and whenever I not with her a second guess myself. She is extremely caring and affectionate, which I really like about her.
    I have a lot of fun with Elaine thou and she is very attractive, which I am worried may be the reason I prefer her over Shannon. Do I stay with Shannon and see if I like her or end it?

mlpaubrey
    Participant
    November 6, 2014 at 2:46 pm #67133

Hmm, that’s a tough decision since they both have different qualities that you very much enjoy. At the end of the day i would just tell you to pick a girl that you can see yourself with in the near or distant future. If it were me, i would pick the person i enjoy being with the most, because isn’t that what everyone wants? A fun relationship? I know i would. If you ever second guess yourself with your first choice, then maybe it wasn’t the right decision in the first place.

But i wish you luck with whatever decision you choose!

sn8wman
    Participant
    November 7, 2014 at 8:41 am #67128

If I didn’t make this clear I am worried that I would really like Shannon but I am not giving her a fair chance because of how attractive Elaine is. That being said I still have a lot of fun with Elaine it’s not just her appearance.

horsegirl48
    horsegirl48
    Participant
    November 7, 2014 at 5:05 pm #67218

What about if you try spending more time with Shannon and see how things go. If you are still having second thoughts, then maybe it’s not meant to be. Because you like two girls, that might be confusing you a bit too… So focus on just one for the time been and see what happens.
    Hope that helps a little.

jfp420
    Participant
    November 15, 2014 at 11:22 am #67612

I had this problem once, I was dating a great girl for almost a year. Everything was perfect. Then i was on Facebook one day and this girl i had a crush on in the past recently became single. I started talking more to her and thought it was worth a try, so i dumped my GF and started hanging out with the other girl. In the end it turned out she was “waiting” for another guy who was on military deployment :/. My advice, see if shes really into you before you cut the other girl off.

sdiamond10
    Participant
    November 16, 2014 at 8:45 pm #67648

I think now is a very vital time. You should make up your mind before you get too invested with Shannon and hurt her, or Elaine catches wind of your relationship and no long wants to see you. I would weight the pros and cons and see truly, looks aside, who you see yourself with. I feel as though Shannon seems to be a better match you liek her for her and you wouldnt have started to progress things if you didnt. Its normal to see exes and second guess yourself, but maybe text Shannon more when you arent together to open the lines of communication. That can help your feelings solidify more. Whatever you choose, choose it soon to protect not only you but the other girls!