Should I even waste my time?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

imjustme
    Participant
    February 9, 2015 at 2:59 pm #72970

So I met a guy from a dating site. We had a blast over the weekend and he acted really into me and acted like yeah we can be together. Then, just out of curiosity I made a fake account on the same site and messaged him to see if he would talk to other girls too after that point. Well I made a google voice number and asked him to text it and he did…Should I even waste my time? He seemed like a great guy, and I’m truly into him. But why continue talking to people if you act like you want to be with someone?

GTR King
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 7:55 pm #73449

He is dating & untill you 2 are official then he can speak to as many girls as he likes to

hjk900011
    Participant
    February 16, 2015 at 12:20 pm #73513

Just take things slow for now. Dont worry about him talking to other women just yet. Give him I would say roughly 3 weeks to get to know you better….and whatever you do dont give up the goods too soon or else it will turn sour real quick.

JetPacMan
    Participant
    March 6, 2015 at 3:16 am #74877

I have to agree with the other two, you should take it slow. If you’re just talking or dating you can’t really expect to have his full attention yet. If you really like this guy ask him if he’d like to make things more serious.

Jenny_08
    Participant
    March 6, 2015 at 7:39 am #74883

Oh c’mon ofcoz he will reply to other girls, u guys just met and if there are other opportunities, he won’t refuse it

adambomb
    Participant
    March 7, 2015 at 11:19 pm #74987

don’t waste time its a valuable asset to life.

cosmo.io
    Participant
    March 7, 2015 at 11:49 pm #74990

I concur with the majority. You just meet. He doesn’t know yet if you will be the one. I wonder though why after one date you tried to bait him?

UnderwaterThoughts
    Participant
    March 8, 2015 at 3:33 pm #75007

Don’t expect him to read your mind- if you think you guys have a future together, tell him you think you should be exclusive and then if he’s still messaging other girls that’s when you can be worried… but for now, chill and enjoy it!

Lynetta
    Participant
    March 17, 2015 at 6:42 pm #75539

I also think its too soon to worry about him talking to other girls..Give yourselves a chance to really get to know one another. Who knows you may not think he is right for you anyway. But after a few months you are both feeling you want to be exclusive and agree to that then if you find out hes still on the site chatting with other possibilities I’d be gone. (this I just found out has been going on with me and I’m planning when and how I will confront him)

ck1991
    ck1991
    Participant
    March 18, 2015 at 6:07 pm #75617
    Reply To: Should I even waste my time?

I believe you should continue talking to him and seeing where things go, after all u both are still dating around. You are not exclusive yet, so don’t worry about the girls he may or may not be interested in. When and if he wants something more, he will cut off the others and give u his full attention. Trust me

secretlyconfused
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 5:11 pm #76150

I can relate to this personally, I did the same thing to the guy I was talking to that i meant on a dating website. But I could tell he messaged her much differently than he messaged her. You cant really get upset, until you have now established where you all stand with each other. After that I still gave him a chance and he is now NEVER online to check the site. So give hima chance and see where it goes, but just make sure you keep an eye out for things.

rocketshot45
    Participant
    March 26, 2015 at 11:58 pm #76182

Try talking to him when you are ready to make it official

JeffS
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 8:42 am #76271

I am currently talking to 4 women on texts and 7 on match.com. I want nothing more than to delete my profile when I meet the right woman. But a good first date is not a reason to stop using the site. When you are official/exclusive then you can have the expectation that he delete his account and stop trying to date other women.