Should I feel good about his response?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    August 15, 2017 at 9:25 am #145523

So I needed to know where I stand with my crush so I texted him:
    “Good morning. I know this is a busy time for you, I’m not trying to pressure you in anyway. I REALLY like you and am willing to wait until your not so busy! If you’re not feeling the same way I will back off and we can just be friends!”
    He responded:
    “Yeah I am really busy . We are just starting to know each other again so let’s just focus on being on friends for now, who knows where it will lead though”.
    Should I feel good about this or not? He didn’t say he just wants to be friends forever! I just don’t know how to feel about it! Do you think he likes me from his response?

ellenlaura
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 10:14 am #145526

He Sounds a bit unsure but wants to Get to know you and see Where things lead.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 12:31 pm #145592

define “good” and “bad”.
    if you are hoping to develope a relationship with him – this is lukewarm to not so good news. nobody i know who is into somebody tells that person “let’s be friends” – especially if they’ve been so inattentive you had to send them a “so what’s up with us” type question.

if he had said it while you two were having a great time and seeing each other and dveloping and sparks flying – that’s different.

but it doesn’t appear that is the situation here.

jtb333
    Participant
    August 17, 2017 at 6:23 am #145835

Judging by his response he probably just wants to be friends. But if u don’t have a problem with it like you said then maybe keep it that way? You never know things happen in the future

Artemisia
    Artemisia
    Participant
    August 17, 2017 at 2:49 pm #145904

He doesn’t find you attractive.

Anonymous
    August 17, 2017 at 2:53 pm #145907

I don’t think looks have to do with it because to put it quite frank I don’t really like the way he looks but I love who he is!! We just started talking to each other after 6 years of no contact. I have only seen him twice because he lives far away. He is also starting recruit school which is like boot camp for firefighters. Honestly, I don’t think he wanted to start something and not put all his effort into it because he and I are going to be very busy with few times to see each other/talk for the next 11 weeks.

Lovingagain
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 9:40 am #145974

It does sound unsure and can be frustrating and I would feel bad but unfortunately people think differently . If he seems serious about you while you’re together and contacts you regularly maybe you should wait about a month or so to see how it progresses although it is hard to put up with the guessing games in our minds while waiting. Then ask again and if it hasn’t changed maybe it would be best to find someone else.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 1:31 pm #146085

well in the end.. the “why” is never important… just the ressults.
    so whatever you or anybody else concludes, the result here is – no relationship possible.

Tgayanich
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 2:01 pm #146087

It doesn’t sound like he is trying to Let you down easily. I would honestly just make sure to not say much about a relationship past friends for awhile. Let him know How amazing you are.

Smith
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 11:08 pm #146143
    Reply To: Should I feel good about his response?

Judging by his response he probably just wants to be friends. But if u don’t have a problem with it like you said then maybe keep it that way? You never know things happen in the future

jzdjzd
    Participant
    August 19, 2017 at 8:01 am #146152

You should feel good because now you know where he stands (does not sound like he’s really interested), and you can move on.

lwoolcombe98
    Participant
    August 19, 2017 at 1:43 pm #146162

He isn’t interested at the moment but he’s not ruling anything out

Naomi
    Participant
    August 25, 2017 at 9:56 am #146841

Seems like he’s keeping his options open. Maybe it’s just that he doesn’t want a relationship right now, with anyone. Think it’s best for you to lay low for a while and keep your expectations low. Then see what happens.. (know this can be really hard). Maybe even start to date other guys.