Should I follow my heart?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 7:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jeje977
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 2:12 pm #118267

I met this guy on the Skout app. He’s 20, muslim from France. I’m 19, catholic from Canada. We met in September, and we use to talk a lot on skype and all. He told me he was in love with me, and I felt the same way. We would call each other names, and tell each other “I love you”. I planned a trip to France in February 2017, to visit the country, and to go see him. However, he slowly stopped talking to me. Yesterday he sent me a song in french, that basically says “I will miss you, it feels like I’m waiting for you and I will wait for you”. So I told him that I was going to visit him and all. But after that he told me that he’s really in love with me, but that we should stop talking because his parents wants him to get married and have children, and also that being “gay” isn’t right, even if he loves me…

I still have hope, and I probably am going to go to France, and probably still go visit him since I know where he lives.

I’m just wondering, should I stop and forget him, or…

Jeje977
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 2:14 pm #118268

… should I follow my heart, and go for him? I had girlfriends before, but he makes me feel things that no other was able to. I’m very confused, and I need advices.

Thank you for your help!

miss daisy duck
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 10:56 pm #118332

Be careful

Jeje977
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 11:01 pm #118334

Can you elaborate?

confused2016
    Participant
    December 12, 2016 at 11:13 pm #119899

yes, it is not that clear to answer. COuld you please elaborate

Anonymous
    December 13, 2016 at 6:21 am #119908

you should

gigidudu3
    Participant
    January 17, 2017 at 1:42 pm #123319

Yes !

joesky
    Participant
    March 13, 2017 at 3:53 am #129870

I think that you deserve someone who is absolutely sure that wants to be with you… He already expressed even though he “loves” you being gay isn’t right according to his beliefs and that you should stop talking, I believe he gave you the answer you needed by him pretty much saying goodbye, may not be the one you wanted now but the one you’ll in the future understand.