Should I give him another chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Participant
    August 10, 2017 at 3:41 pm #144925

Hi, I have a question.. Il get straight to the point. I met a guy in January and after a few months we became friends, he was very nice and polite always and always asked me if I needed help with any of my classes(were in the same uni class) and soon after always hanged around my group of college friends and me. We hung out a lot of times and we really really clicked. We met a lot of times afterwards alone both of us to study .. we spoke everyday, all day on whattsapp, and after finals he confessed he liked me a lot. So we started to “hook-up” and it was great, honestly. But i told him after a few weeks that I’ve never been confortable doing “hook ups” (Im a serious relationship girl) and that we should remain friends.. so he asked me out. And I said yes. And it was very good for a few days, then i moved for the summer back to my town which is only 1 hour away from his. And then he became a little bit distant. The second week after we started dating he sends me an audio at 7am,

Participant
    August 10, 2017 at 3:41 pm #144926

where he was clearly drunk and signing a song that goes: “keep going another way, ill go mine, because i have other girls that do me better” and i got PISSED. I told him that he seemed distant and that that song was way out of place (he didn’t apologized for it). We started to get in a small fight that turned into a big one (not sure how, bad day for both of us?) . And we sort of broke up but not really. So i didnt respond back . I was testing him to see if he would call me, if he was actually going to look for me. He didnt call and sent a message a few days later asking how i was. I didnt respond. After a MONTH he sends me another test asking how I was. He didn’t call at all during the entire month to fix things. I responded that I was fine and then reciprocated .. we chatted a little bit, and then he send me a kiss emoji. Like wtf? im still mad that you didnt call in a month. So i don’t know what to do. What do you think, should I give him a second chance or should I move on?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 11, 2017 at 11:40 am #145024

you’re being way too hard on him. he REACHED OUT to you to communicate (whether it’s phone or text or whatever) – so he did his job by reaching out and initiating contact to ask you how you were.

Just because he didn’t choose your PREFERRED method doesn’t mean he failed. He essentially did what you were testing him to do, except he picked a differnet medium.

YOu’re being way too harsh.

chester1001
    Participant
    August 11, 2017 at 1:56 pm #145048

hard one, he was probs missing you, got drunk and sang a silly song as insensitive as it was he was clearly trying to make you jealous, its not crime of the century,give him a second chance but lay down some ground rules, all the best xx

jasmin469
    jasmin469
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 8:20 am #145227

May be He was little disappointed with you. Try to tell the truth Honestly….