Should I give up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I give up?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lamonfn
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 4:12 pm #83465
    Should I give up?

Hi, I have recently had one of the best first dates ever with a guy I met online. At the end of the date we both agreed that we would like to meet again.
    During our date and subsequent text conversations we discovered we had a lot in common and both seemed excited about doing things together in the future. He seemed very enthusiastic.
    The last time we texted (Tues) we arranged to meet up (his suggestion) the following week (Wed) on a specific day so I thought everything was good. I then didn’t hear from him so texted him on the Sat to check if our date was still on….and heard nothing back.
    I don’t know whether to leave it but part of me is concerned in case I annoyed him because I didn’t respond to his last text to me on the Tues. It wasn’t a question but are guys touchy about things like that?

Xeelvie
    Xeelvie
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 8:20 am #83714

Well, if he’s really interested he will show it. Don’t worry. Give him a couple of weeks to call. If not, he’d have run anyways. Don’t worry.

atik.daf15
    atik.daf15
    Participant
    August 13, 2015 at 12:05 pm #84010

actually, to build up a good and stable relation anyone or both should be much passion in every steps of relation to make a relation happier for ever , so keep passion and try more .

katzintheclouds
    katzintheclouds
    Participant
    August 27, 2015 at 9:30 pm #84890

I can feel your worry too, I’ve been there. I think the key is to TRY really hard to remain calm and understand that if someone really likes you, they’ll show it. It’s a hard place to be.

missbliss
    missbliss
    Participant
    September 3, 2015 at 12:21 am #85034

Try again after a week or so, if he doesn’t answer then forget it. Nobody is so busy that they can’t answer a text message at SOME point. And if he wanted to, he would talk to you. I’ve been in a similar situation…I’d see this guy one day and we’d have an awesome time and then the next day it’s like we never knew eachother due to him ignoring me. It only hurts you in the end. But hey, maybe he really IS just way too busy to give you a few minutes of his day…

jadefox
    jadefox
    Participant
    September 3, 2015 at 3:17 am #85042

I think he’s just busy. But for me, if he’s serious with your date then, he should text you to finalize your date.