Should I give up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I give up?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

emillyy
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 3:38 pm #151882
    Should I give up?

Ok. So, I started seeing this guy 3 months ago. Now things have begun to get rocky. 1000 characters is not enough to explain my situation. So please read here: https://imgur.com/a/vDbrp

Thank you in advance i appreciate any advice

kmfran
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 8:52 pm #151895

Honestly, as hard as it will be, cut him off. As perfect as the relationship started out, it’s not perfect anymore. This guy is just not into it. You like him a lot, so it’s hard to just let things go and move on, but you have to. You have to for your mental state and for him. Sure, you can be friends. But only if you can keep feelings under control. From what I’ve read, and I mean this in the most polite way possible, I feel like you wouldn’t be able to not not fall for this guy. Move on. Go on with your life. There’s really no point in pushing someone into something they’re not comfortable in. Find someone on the same level as you. I hope I helped. Good luck ):

Nowrittenwords
    Participant
    October 8, 2017 at 3:27 pm #151899

If you truly feel this way then go with your gut.

MM1973
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 8:02 am #151917

These situations are never easy, but I wasted a lot of time pining over someone who was clearly wasting my time. I thought she was the best thing that had ever happened to me at the time, but looking back I can’t believe I let her mess me around as she did. You’ve clearly got something good with this guy, but he also clearly needs to get his things together. If I were you I would take a step back and allow him to realise what he’s letting pass him by. If he doesn’t, his loss! You’ll find somebody better =)

Conanthelethargic
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 9:49 am #151919

I just went through something similar to you emillyy , I really liked a girl but she didn’t want to get serious. She wanted to keep me on a back burner.

It sounds like he sorta liked you. But he wasn’t into the long term. Then he freaked out, because he didn’t want anything real. But 2 suggest that the 2of u just cuddle and be FWB, he seems like a an insensitive prick. If it is was a fling, but u have deep feelings and that’s his reaction?

You’ve 2nice a picture of him in your head, would you treat you like that if you were him? It isn’t right to keep you on the line, I thought I could be friends with her until it became clear she was dating someone else. What about your feelings? Put you 1st. I may be wrong, your situation could be different, but you deserve better. Go out and find the right guy, 1 that you wont have 2 wonder about. Don’t be discouraged and settle for some1 you have to fix. get 1 dat deserves you. Cares about your feelings, you’re a catch they should know that 2.

Conanthelethargic
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 9:54 am #151922

I would if I were you, I went thought something similar myself. She didn’t want to get serious and was insensitive about my feelings. Thought I might be able to be friends with her like you said, until she started “hanging out” with other dudes. If it was just a fling I could see him suggesting FWB, but he knew you had deep feelings, It is beneath you. he sounds like a insensitive prick. Broom him fast, cut him off. You deserve better, someone who wants you for all your pros and cons. You’ve to nice a pic of him in your head. Happened to me to, see them how you want to see them not how they are. Don’t settle for someone you have to fix, and don’t get discouraged the right guy is out there. Put yourself first, you are a gift to the world, unique and great. They should realize that too.

finnlay1979
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 11:42 am #151950

If I were you I’d give it one more go

dzasta87
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 7:52 am #152054

I think you should get some distance, as hard as it sounds that, the only thing to do. If you keep asking for his attention you will loose in his eyes and mostly you will loose your self respect. The truth is, that you deserve a guy who will trully be into you, and that will feel so natural and so good. Maybe he will decide to come back, if yes, you can give him one more chance. If he leaves for good, you saved yourself plenty of time, tears and pain. And believe me when I say that you will get better, with him or without. Meantime focus on yourself and enjoying your life.

trisha
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 8:10 am #152056

I’m kind of in a similar situation ..I think you should give him some space , if he’s really into you he’ll come back

trisha
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 8:44 am #152060
    Reply To: Should I give up?

So I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 months now ,3 weeks ago I and my boyfriend and his friends went out for dinner , he sometimes forgets to ask little details like what I would want to order and I always tell him it’s annoying as usual he forgot that night again and I started to have my mood swings , he wanted us to sleepover at his friends place but didn’t inform me ,I thought we were going to be staying at a hotel and it made me more angry because I felt he couldn’t even discuss it with me first and expects me to just be ok with it .. anyways I stayed over still but we were not talking , I called another guy in the middle of the night just to make him jealous I think I went over board ..
    I left the next morning angry and we got into a fight again over texting while I was on my way home and he told me to stop messaging him , I wasn’t going to have that so I went back to his friends place he wouldn’t open the gate so I went over the fence ..

trisha
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 8:46 am #152061

( I know I messed up , am embarrassed myself ) .. anyways he finally came out and told me he wasn’t breaking up with me and told me to go home and calm down and we would talk later in the day..
    He did call and we talked and he said everything was good , we continued to talk for about 4 days and everything seemed fine then I noticed he wasn’t replying as often and he wasn’t taking my calls he would always just text me back instead
    So I asked him if there was an issue and he said things had changed since that day and that he had a lot going on between me ,work and family and he need time to sort himself out ..he said my temper and anger is bad and that I don’t have control over it , I did plead and I told him I would change ..

Anonymous
    October 10, 2017 at 9:14 am #152070

its up to you if you want to give or not. just think many times before you make a move.

trisha
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 9:38 am #152062

. I agreed to give him space and sent him a message the next day telling him to take as much time as he needed but he could tell me what ever he decides and not worry about me because I’ll be okay in the end.. I unfollowed him on Snapchat and Instagram immediately he found out and sounded pissed about it , so I followed him back and we haven’t spoken since then it’s been 2 weeks now .. he still watches my snaps daily but I have found a way to watch his snaps without notifying him so he would probably think I haven’t been watching his snaps for a while now ..I posted an Instagram story after a long time and am guessing Instagram notified him and he watched it immediately he was the first to watch the story .. I don’t know if it means something or am reading meaning into it
    I plan on sending him a message when it’s 3 weeks just to confirm if we are still together or if he has decided to move on so I can do the same .. pls guys is this a good idea
    Pls read I need help ..

trisha
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 9:42 am #152076

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 mnths ,we had a fight and he asked me to stop messaging him and then I acted crazy and went over his friends fence just to talk to him , he came out and said he wasn’t breaking up with me. We were fine for about a week then he started acting distant so I asked him and he said things had changed since that day and that he has a lot going on between me ,work and family and he needed time to sort himself , I agreed.. we haven’t spoken in 2 weeks but he’s been watching my snaps and Instagram story and is almost usually the first to watch them ..I haven’t been watching his tho but I don’t know where I stand now and I want to message him when it’s 3 weeks to ask if he has decided to break up or thinks we can work it out .. is this a good idea or have I been dumped .. pls help

chrisg
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 11:37 am #152150

you should follow your feelings

1 2