Should I give up on him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I give up on him?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jjminty
    Participant
    February 9, 2014 at 6:52 am #47460
    Should I give up on him?

I’m a university student, and two years ago I came out of an abusive relationship. It took me a long time to get better, but now I’m ready to start dating again.
    I have a crush on a guy. He’s funny, kind and we talk all the time, but it’s always online/via text. He goes out of his way to help me and I don’t even have to ask him. We don’t see each other much but when we do I always catch him looking at me and he’s pretty flirty. For a while I thought he liked me back, but now every time I ask him if he wants to go and do something he turns me down or changes the subject.
    I really like him, but I don’t want to get hurt again. It seems like something’s holding him back, and now I’m starting to wonder if I should just give up on him altogether. I don’t want to get into another situation where I’ll get hurt, but I can’t remember the last time I felt this strongly about someone and I don’t want to give up because I’m afraid it might go wrong.
    Thoughts?

divine12
    Participant
    February 10, 2014 at 2:15 am #47465

We invite you to be a part of our exciting new free Web site: Relationship Solutions Social Network. Go to http://www.seekfindkeep.com. This is open to both relationship counselors, psychiatrists, psychologist and therapists as well as for people who have relationship/dating problems and questions that need to be answered. We just went live today, so don’t be put off that there is just a couple of users right now. I hoping for a back and forth exchange between experts and those who need advice To join go to and click on seekfindkeep.com and click on Relationship Solutions Social Network.

okguppy77
    Participant
    February 10, 2014 at 6:21 pm #47545

He might be lacking confidence. Even if you show you’re interested he may be doubting himself. It may be different for a girl, but I did that many times..I would lead guys on, they would ask me out but I was so self conscious I rejected them. Maybe he has hesitations with relationships from past experiences like you do. Maybe open up and discuss your dating history? He may feel more comfortable after that. I would say don’t let go of him if you like him so much, but if it gets to a point where his indecisiveness is playing with your emotions you may have to reconsider. You have to think about what makes YOU happy first, and while he makes you happy now if he continues this it’ll eventually upset you.