Should I give up on him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I give up on him?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sofia_Bulgaria
    Participant
    December 1, 2015 at 1:36 am #89160
    Should I give up on him?

Thanks in advance for the advice! I’ve been on 2 dates w a guy over the last month, and both were great. For the first couple of weeks we were talking he seemed really into me (texting and complimenting me all the time). Last weekend, I suggested that we hang out but he said he wanted to work on his music. Fair enough. I asked him to send me some of his songs, which he did, but now the daily texts and cutesy language are gone. I told him I liked the songs he sent me, and all I got in response was something like “Thanks! Have an awesome weekend!” : / I’m really into him, but I’m afraid I’ll scare him off if I start texting him and suggesting that we hang out again (since I didn’t get a positive response last time). Everyone says “if he’s not texting you, then he’s not into you.” That seems logical enough, but I’m finding it really hard to totally give up on him, bc I really do like him. Is there any hope with this guy? Should I text him?

tstshona
    Participant
    December 1, 2015 at 6:29 am #89164

You have two options, 1 to just flat out put yourself out there and be confident in yourself and your feeling and tell him you really like him and want to see him again. Or you can take his actions as a hint and move on.

steph1989
    Participant
    December 1, 2015 at 8:35 am #89163

Never be afraid to be yourself, if he is scared off by a text or you being forward then he is not the right guy for you.

Paulstev
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 8:30 am #89172

You have two options, 1 to just flat out put yourself out there and be confident in yourself and your feeling and tell him you really like him and want to see him again. Or you can take his actions as a hint and move on.

+1

Those are the only choices you have.

jajune93
    Participant
    December 2, 2015 at 5:39 pm #89317

If you I agree with tstshona. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there! If he doesn’t give you the time you deserve, move on and find someone who will.

featherwink
    featherwink
    Participant
    December 20, 2015 at 5:00 pm #90340

Give it one more shot so you can have the peace of mind that you did all you could. Read “The Four Agreements” and follow them for life and dating: 1. Be impeccable with your word. 2. Don’t take anything personally. 3. Don’t make assumptions. 4. Always do your best.

bgreek
    Participant
    December 20, 2015 at 7:25 pm #90346

There comes a time. You have to give up on someone
    And on and off again,on and off again dating isn’t any good

decoma87
    Participant
    December 20, 2015 at 11:26 pm #90350

ya

San Diego
    Participant
    January 4, 2016 at 8:12 am #90742

It looks like this thread is a month old. What happened did he end up asking you out?
    Typically if a guy wants to go on a date with you then he will ask you. A really good way to ask someone out on a second date whos not supper interested is to say hay I have a extra tickets to such and such event and my friend got is sick are you game to come? If he says yes just buy the tickets online so he doesn’t know you bought it the same day.
    I have a really similar situation with a girl.

SurvivorKs
    Participant
    January 5, 2016 at 6:51 am #90999
    Reply To: Should I give up on him?

So similar to what I have… Just went out last week. He knows I want to hang out again. He says he likes me. I feel I text to much to him and bug him,he says I’m not. Not great at keeping a conversation going. Yet he is still on dating sites and won’t respond to a text he has read. I sound so stalkerish. I swear I’m not.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  SurvivorKs.

BBear_sp
    Participant
    January 6, 2016 at 8:47 am #91089
    Reply To: Should I give up on him?

Well, firstly I have two perspectives to try and help you with your problem. I’ve been in both sides, the one who’s waiting and doesn’t want to sound desperate, and the one who doesn’t reply very enthusiastically.
    As someone who have done it, I usually take a while to answer or give neutral answers in a way to make the person notice that I don’t want to have anything further with him, even though I care enough to not want to say it straight forward.
    I’m not saying that’s what he’s doing, because I also have been where you are, and though most of the times it was a clear sign that he wasn’t that in to me, the guy I’m currently going out with used to never ask me out, and so the first two or three dates we had I had to ask him. I’m glad I did, because it was amazing and he enjoyed it too, even so that after that he started asking me out too. So it depends, he can be shy of sorts, or be uninterested. You have to try a little more to see what happens. Maybe try asking him out again 🙂