should i give up on talking to her?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopelessromantic012
    Participant
    September 19, 2014 at 3:54 pm #62306

I was asking this girl I have a crush on (I do not know her personally) questions on ask.fm anonymously. then I decided to tell her that I have a crush on her and she really wanted to know who I was. so I DM (direct messaged) her on instagram with my phone number and instead of texting me she DM me back the conversation goes like this:
    her: hey
    her: are you from ask.fm?
    me: yeah, you thought I was never going to tell you huh? lol
    and she never replied back. what does that mean? this happened a week ago, should I send her another DM? I was thinking about writing this “hey k, I’m sorry if I am coming on too strong. I just wanted to say that you’re gorgeous, and I would like to get to know you more. because you seem like a really cool person.” I want to show her that even though she has trust issues, she can trust me. I want her to see that I want to care for her. I want to be hers, so what are any tips or ideas that can put me in the best position to do that?

wrestlerlife100
    Participant
    September 21, 2014 at 9:47 pm #62331

Go for it man. All you can get is a rejection and that’s better than not knowing.

Cina08
    Participant
    September 23, 2014 at 1:22 am #62406

I don’t think you did anything wrong…so if you want to give it another shot, why not. She may or may not respond…but if you think about it’s no big loss as the two of don’t actually know each other yet.

371054g
    Participant
    September 24, 2014 at 3:21 am #62450

Why not dude, even if you fail its not like its going to effect you to be rejected, there’ll be another one. You definitely get rejected if you don’t try though.

371054g
    Participant
    September 24, 2014 at 3:26 am #62451

no.

Snoopy32
    Participant
    September 24, 2014 at 7:26 pm #62501

Give it a shot. You never know what may happen. If worst comes to worst you just move on to the next one I guess 🙂

don104
    Participant
    September 24, 2014 at 7:45 pm #62504

Go for it man. All you can get is a rejection and that’s better than not knowing.

Exactly. Rejections sucks but it only toughens you up for the future. I wouldn’t come on that strong just try and start casual conversation again. If she doesn’t reply maybe wait and try one more time then if she doesn’t again just move on

Andrew27
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 7:28 pm #66061

Honestly, I’d move on. I don’t think there’s a problem with what you did, but I would just look elsewhere. The fact she didn’t respond back makes me think she’s not interested.

luffykid321
    Participant
    October 18, 2014 at 2:17 am #66149

yeah man i agree with mostly everyone here, go for it and if you do get rejected make sure its concrete and final. every type of experience makes your stronger

Anonymous
    October 18, 2014 at 8:53 pm #66162
    Reply To: should i give up on talking to her?

no

rockrock334
    Participant
    October 24, 2014 at 5:07 pm #66526

I would move on, I have done this kind of thing before and never really got anything good out of the situation. Find someone else and don’t make the same mistake. Face to face interaction is much better!

ka69
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 11:22 pm #66687

it’s always better to be involved with someone you know personally, especially when you’re younger. otherwise it just gets weird. it also doesn’t sound like she’s really interested, and if you pursue her behind a computer screen it might come off as creepy and turn her off even more.

burningpatch
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 3:13 am #66694

I am scared of rejection too man. I’ve been rejected a few times. It doesn’t get easier to face, but easier to deal with. Nothing harmful in trying.

custodian
    Participant
    October 29, 2014 at 7:14 am #66771

You may have gotten her offended… considering the fact that backgrounds differ. But if you were obviously mild on that first impression, you would have known the direction; rejection/not interested or simply an issue of being in a relationship already.

Dive in with your resolve for correction… perhaps you discern what the crux could be.

catadult
    Participant
    April 21, 2015 at 1:18 pm #77648

Give it a shot

1 2