Should I go?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I go?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vehi
    Participant
    May 15, 2015 at 9:57 am #79064
    Should I go?

So, first of all: I’m a 24 year old female that has been single for all her life. I’ve been on some online dating sites before, but I deleted all. Since I wanted to give online dating another shot, I made an account on OK Cupid and got into a conversation with a really nice guy. Now here’s my problem: he asked me if we could meet up to talk face to face…. doesn’t sound like a problem right? I completely free out when I’m asked on a date and what I usually end up doing is blocking an account or even delete my profile from the whole dating site. I really don’t know what I should do. I really enjoy talking to him, but I don’t know if I can meet in real life or even have a Skype conversation…

chrisinindy
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 4:52 pm #79138

You may want to continue to be single until you can determine why you aren’t interested in meeting someone face-to-face. It sounds like this is a cycle for you – joining and then deleting your account. Why do you think you do that? What is the worst that could happen? What makes you anxious about dating?

You have to assume that the guy is genuine in wanting to get to know you and it’s not fair to lead them along. Whatever your issues are, you need to focus on them first. Once you’re in a better place, then try it again.

For the record – I think you should just go meet him. Get out of your comfort zone and see what happens. If your concerned about security – do it at a public place (Restaurant). Arrive 15-20 minutes early and be inside when he gets there so he doesn’t know what you drive. Do it in the day time. Tell a friend that you’re going on a date. All of these should give you more confidence and a feeling of security.

to_cir
    Participant
    May 16, 2015 at 5:08 pm #79141

I think you can talk a little more and know more about him before you decide to meet him. As mentioned in the above advice, meet him at a public place which could be in a place where you see a lot of people around and at the day time (may be for a coffee). Once you do this 2-3 times, until the point you know enough about him to trust, you can probably go for dinner.