Should I go for it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I go for it?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vintage03
    Participant
    September 2, 2013 at 3:03 pm #38088
    Should I go for it?

Sorry, this is kind of a long story.
    So, I was best friends with this guy, let’s call him Jack, a few years ago. We knew everything about each other and hung out all the time. He asked me out and I said no, and we continued to be friends. We eventually fell apart, though, due to the fact that we had different classes and friends and whatnot. At the end of last year, we began talking again and it was pretty cool. He came over and hung out with my friends occasionally. Then, on Friday night, he drunk texted me, essentially asking me out. The next day, when he was sober, we talked about it and he said that neither of us really has time for a relationship – which is true. I told him that that was a dumb reason for not doing something you want to do, and he agreed. But we’re now stuck. I mean, we rarely see each other and we don’t really know each other anymore. But we do have that special emotional bond and we’re super compatible. So, I just need help in deciding what to do. People sometimes call him a douchebag, and he is, but he’s just really different with me. I’m not some chick in his mind, I’m me.

Thanks!

lovely_linds82
    lovely_linds82
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:26 pm #39309

If he really is a douche-bag, I say move on. You sound young and there are a lot of very nice non-douche-bag guys out there that would probably love to date you. Good luck!!

cece607
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:27 pm #39312

This sounds like the perfect chick-flick to me! Being able to be in a relationship with your best friend. Make sure that you will still be friends if the relationship ends for some reason. Also make sure that you will be able handle the time commitment because believe me, relationships are time consuming

lay_d_devil
    lay_d_devil
    Participant
    September 26, 2013 at 2:36 pm #40087

You just said that you want to date a douchebag. Maybe you should rethink the whole thing.

masibr
    Participant
    December 14, 2013 at 1:25 pm #44556

If he is a douchebag, even though he’s different with you, eventually it will become a problem when you are around other people. And like you said; you don’t really know one another anymore. There are lots of other, nice guys out there.