Should I go for it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I go for it?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dbupton
    Participant
    September 17, 2017 at 11:49 pm #149311
    Should I go for it?

I am a junior in college. The girl in question is also a junior in college, and if it helps I am a guy. We have had very little communication in or out of class. What i am thinking is taking a complete risk and just saying something along the lines of “hey, would you like to go on a date with me”. Am I being completely moronic. I figure there is nothing to lose. also if you think i should, would a lunch date be the best idea.

sarakeaney88
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 1:39 am #149312

definitely go for it! if the cold ask is too daunting, you can start a conversation like—noticed you were in X class, I’m also interested in that subject. or see if you have any mutual friends who could arrange all of you hanging out. lunch is low-key and definitely good for getting to know someone without the relative pressure of dinner.

Nikolas
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 10:02 am #149342

You shouldn’t just go to her and ask her for a date. Have a decent conversation with her and lose some pressure before you ask her out. Then you can also already see if you two work together or not. And if you plan on going on a date, I’d say dinner is better than lunch – but if you got some great places near your campus that both of you like that might just be the best idea.

jenzellers
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 12:42 am #149461

Yes, go for it! be confident. confidence is sexy.

rexlincoln
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 11:53 am #149501

Definitely go for it, buddy.

caolannb1
    Participant
    September 22, 2017 at 11:57 am #150027

Yes do it

boondocks924
    Participant
    September 24, 2017 at 1:21 pm #150106

Absolutely go for it. Confidence is key.

zerotrep
    zerotrep
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 9:45 am #150131

I’d change up your question. Try talking first, and then end with, “would you like to meet up for lunch sometime this week?”

thomrose524
    Participant
    September 25, 2017 at 9:53 am #150081

Definitely have a conversation first. Otherwise it signals that the only thing you are interested in is her looks. You might even find out after a short conversation that you really don’t want to go on a date with her after all.