Should I have asked if he slept with somebody?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

amber1980
    Participant
    November 3, 2017 at 9:53 am #154908

Hello, I am wondering if I’m overreacting here. Basically during my breakup with my boyfriend he started sleeping with this other girl when we got back together again he told me after a while he had sex multiple times with somebody. This is obviously fine as we were seperated but I feel he should have told me at the beginning since we are having unprotected sex and he potentionally has put me at risk of an STD and now I’m am worried but I know people who just don’t get that worried about things like that and think it’s very unlikely.. And maybe I should have asked him myself as its my own responsibility? He did ask me but didn’t mention about himself then and he hasn’t slept with many people and I trusted him to tell me and I didn’t want to create a weird atmosphere . Thanks 😉

JessC
    Participant
    November 3, 2017 at 10:06 am #154909

When he asked you if slept with others that’s when he should have brought it up. He slept with other people, so it was HIS responsibility. He omitted important information. Have you been checked just to be sure you are free of STI’s? Has he been checked? That would be my priority. You didn’t overreact because chances of spreading STI’s are high. You did nothing wrong. Get checked, please. Good luck!

sorafeya
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 12:40 pm #155083

Definitely his responsibility. He was being disrespectful and inconsiderate towards you,

SweetDane
    SweetDane
    Participant
    November 4, 2017 at 12:59 pm #155084

He was awful to you, let me tell you. My only advice is for you to carry on and forget him. And do some examinations, just to be sure about Std’s.

Be happy 🙂

Torimyers
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 12:59 am #155096

I think that it should’ve been a conversation between you two when all got back together to say clear the air so you don’t find out things later on that could hurt the relationship even more

Akshadow
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 5:31 am #155101

I think that’s something he should have told you it you were having unprotected sex. It shouldn’t be your responsibility to ask, but i it is.

Louie97
    Participant
    November 7, 2017 at 10:55 am #155377

Definitely. Knowing the sexual history of the person you’re dating is crucial and can be detrimental to your health.