should I have kissed him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fencer girl
    Participant
    March 27, 2017 at 4:12 pm #131287

So I’ve developed feelings for my best guy friend. We are both on our university’s fencing team so I see him quite often. I thought that he might be into me because he’s always teasing me, touching me, etc. but he’s talked about other girls as well, and was even in a relationship for a few months. He recently broke up with his girlfriend and we were hanging out one night when things got a little awkward. When we were talking he ended up asking me if I had ever kissed anyone, and if I had ever wondered what that felt like. I told him that I hadn’t ever kissed anyone and he asked me if I wanted to “kiss real quick, as a friendly gesture”. I was totally dumbfounded and didn’t know what to say. He took that as a “no” obviously and now I’m not sure where to go from here. Should I have just kissed him? Could he possibly have feelings for me too?

ChrisFisher81
    Participant
    March 28, 2017 at 2:40 pm #131367

Definitely should have kissed him listen to your feelings

Louie97
    Participant
    March 28, 2017 at 8:53 pm #131435

Always follow your gut instinct! You totally should have and in my opinion…it seems as though he likes you.

Dragonroll
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 8:55 am #131687

Yeah, you need to either plant one on him and see where it goes… or admit you were surprised and want a do over.

windowsisshit
    windowsisshit
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 10:48 am #131727

i think you did the right thing there, you should’ve asked him about his feeling for you because if he isn’t into you then it would be really awkward after you kissed him but if he’s into you, you can just apologize and have a redo and tell him that you were just afraid or something like that and he would understand

NorthernxKING
    NorthernxKING
    Participant
    April 2, 2017 at 1:01 am #131806

As a guy who really doesn’t understand when its the right time to kiss someone (kinda lol). I can tell you that most of the time when a guys spends time outside of your normal interactions with you he is already interested (given that it’s by your lonesomes). If a guy is talking about other girls most of the time he is trying to get you to say something that will discourage him from seeing them because that gives us hints that you are interested in us. But i can also tell you that when a woman initializes the kiss you will almost 100% win him over whether he was thinking about it or not. Also most men like stated in another comment will be fine if you say you want a redo. I know i would.

xodknxo96
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 11:21 am #131874

I agree with everyone else!

Samim
    Participant
    April 3, 2017 at 9:34 pm #131958

If he is talking about his female friends and ex girl friends, should I show that I don’t like to hear about these kinda stuff !? Or just hide my feelings and show myself okay with that….?!

RWn
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 7:51 pm #133398

Take it slow, take your time… If he likes you I’m sure the chance may present itself again 🙂 If you’re feeling it, go for it!!

soupsnakes
    Participant
    April 16, 2017 at 9:38 pm #133402
    Reply To: should I have kissed him?

Just do it

Anonymous
    April 17, 2017 at 12:09 am #133409

I would have kissed him without a second thought. better late than never. Next time, bang on target 🙂

sittingonthefence
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 11:27 pm #133487

He might have feelings for you, I think you should give it a shot next time the opportunity comes up. Kissing for the very first time might be terrifying, but the more you do it, you realize it’s not such a big deal. Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!

soph07
    Participant
    April 18, 2017 at 7:45 am #133497

Yes, he might have feelings for you