Should I hold my friend's(female) hand while watching a movie ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 6:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

yesme
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 6:33 pm #127894

A little context:-
    There is this girl in my class that I liked since the beginning but I never let her know about the same. We became very good friends at one point. I once even lied to her about me liking this other girl because I thought she might stop talking to me if she comes to know that I like her. Now , the school is getting over and we might never meet again! I was thinking about asking her to go on a movie with me after the exams and in the middle of the movie hold her hand …
    Will that be too awkward for both of us ?
    Since we will probably never meet again that is why I am thinking that I should go for it !
    She has been nice to me all this time and she is very friendly too!
    What if when I hold her hand she ask me “What are you trying to do ?” or pulls her hand away …
    I am really confused about this!
    and
    How should I ask her for movie so that she doesn’t bring our friends with her !
    What if she says that she doesn’t want to go on a movie ?
    Please help!

anon108
    Participant
    February 22, 2017 at 8:55 pm #127896

maybe

cantsaymyname
    Participant
    February 25, 2017 at 1:38 pm #128314

GO for it

Yasmina
    Yasmina
    Participant
    June 11, 2018 at 2:29 pm #176707

Of course you should!

Firas
    Firas
    Participant
    June 12, 2018 at 12:33 am #176749

You have been waiting for to Long and you should be Lucky the girl has not giving up on you

So this is what u need to do

1 go to the girl how u feel about her all this time and also trll her u would love it if she goes with u to the movies

and you want to be with her alone

if she is how you describe her every thing should fall in place

good luck

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 13, 2018 at 6:06 pm #176993

You said:
    “I once even lied to her about me liking this other girl because I thought she might stop talking to me if she comes to know that I like her.”
    Clearly you would not have done this if you thought she was actually “into you” because you would have risked alienating her!

Like it or not you are in the “Friend Zone”! (And YOU already know it!)
    Trying to make a desperate play {all of sudden} is likely going to (confuse her) or creep her out.
    She may even think you never were her true friend. You were simply hanging around looking for an opening.

You should have told her early on:
    “I have a confession to make. I really do like you and I don’t mean in a friendship way. Would you be interested in going out with me?”
    You had nothing to lose she may have said yes, and if she said “no” rejection saves everyone time! It’s not the end of the world. In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

muggz33
    Participant
    June 17, 2018 at 11:04 am #177239

Yes, absolutely. It is simple and not too forward