should i ignore my feelings?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gatasucia
    Participant
    December 10, 2016 at 9:08 pm #119696

I just met a man who seemed really nice, good looking and we were hitting it off. I was interested in meeting him again just for a lunch date, and we were shaking hands and saying our goodbyes…when he rubbed his finger against my palm. To me that is such a sleazebag thing to do and i still shudder every time I think about it. Should I try and get it and give him a chance or trust my feelings of mild repulsion? I’m not interested in rushing into anything, but he seems to have other ideas.

starryeyedprincess
    starryeyedprincess
    Participant
    December 10, 2016 at 11:30 pm #119698

In my opinion it would just be best to clarify what your intentions with him are.Be honest and forward telling him what kind of relationship you’re looking for and stress what kind of pace you’re comfortable with.If he tries to urge you to move at a pace faster than what you’re comfortable with drop him like a hot rock and move on.Good luck!

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 10:46 am #121224

I think you should just tell him what you’re looking for and how do you want to take things: slowly. If he’s OK with it, then you’ll be fine! Good luck!

Anonymous
    December 29, 2016 at 6:16 pm #121283

There was a good book I read this past year, the title I will have to edit out because not appropriate for the forum. The book was called “F**** Feelings”. It was written I believe by a clinical psychologist who says that feelings really are overrated and sometimes we need to take our feelings not so serious because often they are irrational. I wouldn’t think too much into it, you could ask him what his intentions were or tell him don’t do that again because it gives you bad vibes. Sometimes Ignoring feelings is a good thing.

rachaelblackmore
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 5:38 am #121294

hmmm, I think we should always go with our gut feeling. If that one action made you shudder I’m wondering if there was something else your intuition was picking up on? I’m interested in the book Techwarrior is referring to. Our feelings can be irrational, but usually they are telling us something and it is pretty much impossible to ignore them, try as we might! It’s a good idea to maybe ask him about it, or maybe see him again and see how you feel – it might be different next time.

bevhillz1223
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 10:20 am #121299

I would go with your gut feelings

Jcbk003
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 10:50 am #121300

Trust your gut feelings they are usually right