Should I initiate contact first after being away for a while?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

marcelac
    Participant
    June 3, 2015 at 4:19 pm #80114

I’ve had some good dates with his man for 2-3 months. We used to talk to each other every day.
    Last month he went out of town for a week, and throughout his vacation he continued messaging me and we exchange conversation every day as before. Before he came back from his trip, I also went on vacation. I texted him to wish him a good drive back home before I left. The hotel I stayed at has wifi, so I sent emails to him every so often when I’m free. He replied like before and we chat sporadically throughout the time I was away.
    His last email to me says that he will be on business trip this coming week (when I return).
    My last email to him was when I’m flying back saying I’m about to board the plane and asked how long his business trip is. He never responded. I can’t tell if he’s giving me time to settle down, or he’s busy with business, or is he just trying to ignore me now. Should I send him a text/call him up? It’s been about 4~5 days.

Uyskl
    Participant
    June 6, 2015 at 8:47 pm #80342

I think you should go for it, you have nothing to lose really. He sounds like a busy guy, it’s very possible that he was just wrapped up with work and forgot to email you back.

Badass
    Badass
    Participant
    June 8, 2015 at 8:35 am #80371

It’s hard to maintain a long distance relationship when 2 people are traveling. You should contact him, give him a call leave a message, be sincere, say you miss him. Then wait and see what he does. Don’t message him a lot. Best of luck!

Anonymous
    June 14, 2015 at 10:55 am #80859

Go for it! You don’t always have to play hard to get, y’know.