Should I invite him over, or play coy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nodame
    Participant
    April 16, 2015 at 5:39 pm #77430

So I met this guy, he seems very nice and respectful, he invited me on a date for drinks. He seems very attracted to me. Afterwards, he suggested we go back to my place and get some more drinks. We both had a little bit too much to drink. We ended up sleeping together. A few days later we kept texting each other. A week later, he’s inviting me on date No 2 for ice cream. Should I invite him over to my place for tea afterwards? I don’t believe in playing games. I think I like him, and I would not mind actually having a serious relationship with him.

rinacorina
    Participant
    April 18, 2015 at 1:20 am #77520

Hi! I think you could go either way, either invite him over or slow it down. I think the most important thing is to be communicative. Maybe dont tell him right away that you want to be in a serious relationship but maybe talk about what happened between you too, if that is normal for you or unusual, etc. sounds like a fun story, hope it goes well!

grande123
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 2:08 pm #77540

Ya I agree. It seems like since you slept together and he is still talking to you and asking you out, he really likes you and enjoys your company. If you are comfortable, invite him over. If not, then slow it down a little and try to build a more solid friendship before sleeping together again.

Samurai123NJ
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 2:56 pm #77543

Take it slow 🙂

chillwaveguy
    Participant
    April 19, 2015 at 3:50 pm #77547

Follow your heart!

EvenSteven
    Participant
    April 20, 2015 at 7:04 pm #77601

See how the date goes before deciding to invite him over again. If you are open to it, I would say it is a likely thing that you should ask him over, unless some game changing dialogue were to happen on the date. Seeing as he already has gone to your place once before though, I would not be worried about scaring him off with the invitation.

curiouscutie
    curiouscutie
    Participant
    May 2, 2015 at 1:12 am #78328

See how the first date goes