Should I just give up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Should I just give up?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SouperNova
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 5:44 pm #145239
    Should I just give up?

At the risk of coming across as “one of those guys”, I’ll tell my story. I’m in my mid-20s and I’ve never had a boyfriend, never slept with someone, let alone been kissed. My entire “romantic life” consisted of two first dates that never had a followup. One was a few years ago and the guy just gave some lame excuse about why he was too busy for a date, and the other guy was last week. The guy seemed really interested (he was the one that asked me out) on the first date and seemed very open and seemed to enjoy the date and we even discussed a location and day for a second date to happen this week. We hung out a few days later for a little bit (initiated by me) just because we were both at the same place at the same time. It’s been a week and he has yet to say a word to me since.

SouperNova
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 5:47 pm #145240

Those two “dates” are it and for those two dates I’ve had countless “I’m not interested”s. I don’t think I’m particularly ugly or unattractive and plenty of girls (unfortunately not guys) have said they would date me in a heartbeat. I don’t think my personality is that bad either. I mean, I talk a lot and stuff, but I try to be kind and generous and funny and stuff. I do have a crippling fear of actually asking boys out (which is why both original dates were suggested by the other guy), but is that really such a huge problem? I also hear countless of “keep up hope. You’ll find someone eventually”, but after about 25 years of literally nothing, it’s hard to believe that I will.

SouperNova
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm #152159

Any advice?

LandOD
    Participant
    October 12, 2017 at 9:14 am #152521

I think you should relax, and be more comfortable with yourself. You should hang out with guys more often, make new friendship with them. Sure you can ask guy out, or just flirt with him and he will ask you.There’s no reason to worry or anything, you have nothing to lose.
    You are still young, but do not let yourself grow old and never fell in love.

Just go for it, what’s the worst that can happen?

blkfatfem
    Participant
    October 17, 2017 at 1:44 am #152982

My goodness how familiar this all sounds. Look love, unfortunately most people are searching for something perfect instead of something real. The world we live in encourages go for what looks good to you instead of what is good for you. Now I am sure you have hobbies. So go do them. There are guys who like the same things you do. Just be yourself and do not fall into the hype that most people do trying to be something and someone they are not. He’s looking for you just like you are looking for him. He’s just not in a club or website. Which are both a waste of time hahaha. I’ve tried them ALL!!! Hope this helps.

Hopelessnick
    Participant
    October 18, 2017 at 9:13 am #153163

Just be yourself mate. It’s better being single your whole life than being with someone that isn’t right for you.