Should I just leave him alone?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

carolinachic82
    Participant
    March 4, 2014 at 10:58 pm #48803

I started talking to this guy about a month and a half ago and I really like him but of course, there’s a few things that I originally found questionable. He works a lot (job sends him to 2 hrs away every other week) and he has 3 kids that he see on his weekends off. Despite this, things were fine at first. We talked everyday and I really enjoyed the time we were able to spend together. He even made plans to do things with me, so I really was thinking things were going somewhere. Now, it’s back and forth…sometimes he seems really interested, other times I ‘m wondering if we are just going to stay platonic friends. He also hasn’t been contacting me as much on his weeks off, I went pretty much a full week without hearing from him and I’m beginning to think he is seeing someone (maybe not seriously) and still contacting me. I don’t want to jump to conclusions and stop talking to him but I also don’t need to waste my time on just making a friend…what should I do?

thewanderer
    Participant
    March 6, 2014 at 12:05 am #48839

If a guy really likes you he would make time and space. However, I think you should consider about his working schedule and things that occurs around him, just like how you get busy with other things and cannot respond to his texts or calls as fast as you usually do. Women tend to overthinking and men often are pessimistic and carefree. Perhaps make a suggestion by asking him when he would want to meet next time . But be ready for bad news tho, sometimes things just fade , not that because you did something wrong , sometimes it just happens. Good luck!

bbbcnstafl
    Participant
    March 7, 2014 at 9:10 pm #48964

Try texting or calling him, saying hi. If he doesn’t respond, try again a week later. If that doesn’t work, then you should just leave it at that. Good luck!

Anonymous
    March 9, 2014 at 11:11 pm #48972

Just ask him… But it sounds like he wants to be left alone… I’m sorry…

Ineedsomeadvice
    Participant
    March 10, 2014 at 12:12 pm #48981

I’m going through the same thing with a girl right now 🙁

pbx39
    Participant
    March 10, 2014 at 11:13 pm #49038

Friend zone 🙁

Anonymous
    March 11, 2014 at 8:14 pm #49123

ouch friend-zoned i guess

MoochieChicken
    MoochieChicken
    Participant
    March 12, 2014 at 2:40 pm #49149

Sounds like friend zone.. I’d just ask him. It’s what I usually do.

laynerains
    laynerains
    Participant
    March 13, 2014 at 10:47 pm #49241

I’d just be up front and ask him whats up! It makes perfect sense to not want to waste tons of your time and I think he would respect that in a woman. Say that you are fine being friends but you want to know if you should plan on investing more.

sodapopdude
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 4:57 am #49313
    Reply To: Should I just leave him alone?

In this situation, you need to be up front and ask him. If I like a woman, and even if my schedule is busy I will make it work somehow. If I don’t find a woman interesting, I will do small talk but never commit.

simonpetrikov6
    Participant
    March 15, 2014 at 9:45 pm #49328

very similar situation, busy girl and idk if i’m overanalyzing everything

gettofablous7
    gettofablous7
    Participant
    March 16, 2014 at 2:33 pm #49342

I would say it all depends on what you are looking for, a relation or some one to hang out with 1st. Once you figure that out you then need to decide what and for how long you are willing to put up with what comes next. You stated that he is very busy and he has 3 kids, so i take that as his time is limited because he has to share it with the job the kids and I am sure one or all three of the baby mama’s. Things were fine at first but now they have tapered off should be the first sign, that his thoughts and feelings have changed. So once again you have to decide what you are willing to put up with and go through, he already have 3 kids, and possible 1 or 3 other women, so what do you offer that is different?

sarah_t30
    Participant
    April 4, 2014 at 12:57 am #50442

Guys are so confusing why cant they just be straightforward like us girls???

Anonymous
    April 5, 2014 at 12:38 pm #50480

hey Im a guy and i have done this a couple of time just dont worry about him and move on with your life when he sees you dont care and that you are having fun with out him like he dose not matter in your life he would start contacting you more because believe me or not guys like challenge too

Jthunder89
    Participant
    April 5, 2014 at 2:26 pm #50485

move on and see where life takes you 🙂

1 2